Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity error in charge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity error in charge

A couple of months ago, I am doing my check my credit card websites. I was a bit surprised to see a charge on a Comenity retail card which I hadn't used in several months. I contacted (via online and email) both Comenity and the retailer. The retailer agreed to remove the charge. The retailer did not remove the charge. I was hit with interest. I contacted both again. Comenity removed the interest charge. The retailer said it would remove the charge. I was hit with a late fee and more interest when it didn't happen again. The retailer removed the charge. Comenity reported me late to the CRA. I contacted Comenity. The Comenity reps I spoke with were worthless. I had a rep from the retailer on a call with the rep from Comenity. The retail rep explained it was their fault and the charges should all be moved. Instead Comenity added another late fee. I did the official R/R letter. At first Comenity reported the issue in dispute. Then it finally removed interest and late fees. Then Comenity agreed that I was correct. Comenity now showed a $0.00 balance, but claimed I was still behind and took away my credit limit. I contacted Comenity via the telephone and asked for someone that was empowered to fix mistakes. He did. The late reporting is already dropping off of my reports, the credit limit is back, the card is now opened.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.