Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common..This CAN'T be legal! (Updated!)

tag
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Common..This CAN'T be legal! (Updated!)

Had a chargeoff with Santander in 2010 . I disputed in April. DOFD was 6/2009 DOLA the same. They verified, updated the account with a KD for 28 months straight in an attempt to crash my scores. It did't do anything to my scores as the dofd remained the same. They also listed it as a "sold or transferred to another lender". I issued another dispute. Got an alert saying I had a new derog on my CR. So I pull my report and there's Santander again. Plus I'm knocked 40 points.I figured since they sold the account, they wouldn't be able to change the tradeline. Wrong. They replaced ALL of the 28 month in a row late pays with "OK" and THEN added the CO notation to the last 2 months to make it look like I was doing just great, then just now decided to default, making it a recent derog.. Also, the transferred to another lender notation is now gone, and the dola now says "unknown". Get outta town. What can I do here?

TO
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
knightfal

Re: Common..This CAN'T be legal!

File a letter of direct disput with santander. Then file a CFPB complaint. That doesnt sound legal.

FICO trail.... Moving on up!
4/23/14 | TU 617 | EX 624 | EQ 585
5/17/14 | TU 625 | EX 640 | EQ 607
6/04/14 | TU 632 | EX 649 | EQ 619
Goal 700+
Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A most unfortunate side effect of disputing, it is perfectly legal to do this and they can report CO every month until it becomes excluded or not report and report it singally in the current month to keep your score down, it is just one of the tools used to get you to pay the debt... As suggested I would try a direct dispute with them in an attempt to get it reporting CO again from the DOFD...

Message 3 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@teo77777 wrote:

Had a chargeoff with Santander in 2010 . I disputed in April. DOFD was 6/2009 DOLA the same. They verified, updated the account with a KD for 28 months straight in an attempt to crash my scores. It did't do anything to my scores as the dofd remained the same. They also listed it as a "sold or transferred to another lender". I issued another dispute. Got an alert saying I had a new derog on my CR. So I pull my report and there's Santander again. Plus I'm knocked 40 points.I figured since they sold the account, they wouldn't be able to change the tradeline. Wrong. They replaced ALL of the 28 month in a row late pays with "OK" and THEN added the CO notation to the last 2 months to make it look like I was doing just great, then just now decided to default, making it a recent derog.. Also, the transferred to another lender notation is now gone, and the dola now says "unknown". Get outta town. What can I do here?

They can update the derogs until such time as they sold the debt.   Once the debt is sold, they cannot update the balance or place lates on this account.  Santander is absolutely horrible at doing this.  Anytime you dispute, it seems they try to make the account look as horrible as they can.  I would make sure the DoFD is reporting correctly.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 11
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Sounds like this agency should rename themselves to "Sanslander"... :/

I really hope you get things figured out. Best of luck to you.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 5 of 11
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Ok, Just pulled my most detailed report from Experian  directly. Under Account History, Santander added "Filled Chapter 13 Bankruptcy on May 2, 2014"!!

Still think this is legal? I'm beyond mad

TO
Message 6 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Did you file BK and include them in the BK?

July 2013 score:

Message 7 of 11
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

I'm assuming you didn't file bankruptcy then? Have you in the past? Sorry this is happening, and I wish I had more insight for you, but unfortunately, I don't. Smiley Sad It's always unfortunate when a company treats you like this, whether it is legal or it is not.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 8 of 11
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Yup...2009 .

TO
Message 9 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@teo77777 wrote:

Yup...2009 .

Unless you just filed BK and IIB them in it this past May 2, then this is what I consider a malicious attempt to harm your credit.  I would hire a consumer attorney and see where that goes.  Santander is absolutely horrible whenever you question their reporting.  They will do everything they can to make it as bad as they can.

July 2013 score:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.