Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commonwealth Financial

tag
boog13
New Contributor

Commonwealth Financial

Hi All,

Any advice would be helpful.  I am closing on April 25th and Commonwealth Financial has put a negative item on my report.  Has anyone had any luck with getting an item removed quickly?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Commonwealth Financial

Another bottom feeder, they know you cant close till you pay them and that is all they want, they dont want to stop your closing. I would just call them ask them to delete for payment most likely they will do so.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What ever happened with Commonwealth? They popped up on my credit a couple of months ago, I paid them for delete and as of yesterday they had popped back up on Transunion!! We are in the middle of building a house and they just cost me 30 points with TransUnion. I did send the pay for delete letter to Transunion yesterday showing a 0 balance and the deletion verbage. But I am afraid that this dispute wil lbe sitting on my report when we have to go to an underwriter in a week or so. 

Message 3 of 6
boog13
New Contributor

I file a bbb complaint. It was removed within 2weeks.
Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

+1 Make sure you upload the letter to the BBB.

Message 5 of 6
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it is also illegal to reinsert on credit reports once it has been deleted and you can also dispute the reinsertion on that basis.  

I had this happen and uploaded old copies of my credit report:  First showing the collection, second showing the collection had been removed. The had removed the reinserted entry.

Though if you are closing on a house -- filing a dispute now probably isn't a good idea.

Good luck.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.