Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused? Credit One back on my report?

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Confused? Credit One back on my report?

So needless to say I am annoyed and nervous... I sent a number of GW letters to Credit One Bank and they removed my account from my credit report, rather than deleting the lates... I was happy with that as I have a 60 day late within the last year...

I checked my report today and BAM there it was again... it had been removed from all my CR's and then came back on EQ only... Anyone know if I can do anything? Should I dispute this thru EQ?

What is my best course of action on this? It dropped my score about 50 points...  Just as I was getting somewhere credit wise!

Thanks!

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Confused? Credit One back on my report?

Bump
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I recently went through a mess with EQ having split my file.  Things were not showing up and then suddenly did after I called them about it.  Could be that yours was split and the trade line was reporting on the other one.  I would take the most recent hard copy where it was NOT showing, then send a letter asking them to remove it based on not informing you of a reinsertion.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The only regulation under the FCRA that applies to the reinsertion of deleted information in a consumer credit file  applies only to information that was deleted as the outcome of a dispute which found the information to either be inaccurate or unverifiable.  FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).  In such cases, they must provide the CRA with a "Certificate of Accuracy" and the CRA must accept that certification before the information can be reinserted.  If the CRA reinserts the information, they must advise the consumer within 5 days.

With their deletion not having been as the result of a finding in a prior dispute, they have the full authority to reinsert it without any CRA review as long as the information is not knowingly inaccurate.  I see no basis for a dispute over its reinsertion other than contesting the accuracy of the information itself.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.