Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused, negative tradelines deleted,but score fell 10 points

tag
smiths38
Regular Contributor

Confused, negative tradelines deleted,but score fell 10 points

I hired a credit repair agency and within a few days they got Toyota and Ally included in bankruptcy completely deleted from my Transunion report.I just checked my Credit Karma report and both were completely gone,but my credit score had fallen 10 points.The Toyota account was closed,but the Ally was open .I don't know what to think.

Starting Score: 553(EQ) 572 (TU) 586(EX) (EQ Complete Advantage)
Current Score: 572
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Confused, negative tradelines deleted,but score fell 10 points

Wouldn't look to much into CK credit score......but you have to keep in mind that you are losing your AA with the accounts deleted. Just curious as to why you went to a CR agency? 

Message 2 of 11
smiths38
Regular Contributor

Between working and caring for my elderly ill mother and my own family,I'm overwhelmed at the moment.One would think the fact they both said included in bk would have had some significance regardless to the fact that they were  AA.There is a lot work left to do on my credit report so hopefully the next deletions will have a positive outcome. .

Message 3 of 11
beb86
Valued Contributor

Yes I can only imagine...how many more debts do you have left to tackle...I will almost guarantee that whatever tactics you learn here are the same that the CR agency are using.

Message 4 of 11
smiths38
Regular Contributor

Well,Toyota was reporting multiple 30 day late payments from one accidental partial payment  that should have been sent  to Gmac.Toyota is being challenged under The Fair Credit Reporting Act.Under the Act ,creditors cannot report inaccurate and misleading information.

Message 5 of 11
beb86
Valued Contributor

Did you dispute this or send a GW

Message 6 of 11
smiths38
Regular Contributor

I sent Toyoyta GW letters,but they sent me letters saying that their records were correct.I went online to see my statements and they had deleted them all.They never charged a late fee.There are a lot of 30 day lates.I have bank statements proving that I was not 30 days late all of those times.I would never get approved for an FHA loan with those late payments and a prior bk.I figured I stood a better chance letting the company with attorneys handle it.It was only that one isolated partial payment and no other issues with payments.

Message 7 of 11
beb86
Valued Contributor

I had a late with Toyota in 2009 and alot of other baddies and got approved for FHA last april...FHA just wants to see 12 months clean

Message 8 of 11
beb86
Valued Contributor

I started including this statement in my GW letters and have had better luck.. 

While you do have to report accurately, the law also provides that you don’t have to report at all. In fact, Section 623.a.7.e of the FCRA states that you do in fact have the authority to remove negative, yet accurate, information from a credit file if you choose. The FCRA just requires any information that you do report to be accurate.

Message 9 of 11
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

+1 on the Credit Karma.. They were 20 points lower than my actually TU score pulled by Chase for a new car loan on Tuesday! CK is just a good option for alerts and a generalization of where you would be at.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.