Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on Credit Report

tag
TrinaGwyn
Valued Member

Confused on Credit Report

I am confused as to what I can dispute-I have read several forums but can't find the exact answer.  Someone please help!  I have several charge offs and collections on my account, I think the best thing going for me is, 1. They have been paid off, 2.  They all are going to be removed in Sept/Oct 2016, 3.  If they looked at my whole report they will see something drastic happened, bc my whole report drops from that time.  

My question is this though-some of my accounts went into collections or charge offs, and got sold to other collection agencies.  For examlple, Capital One sold one to Mdland, and I got the midland removed, but can't get the Capital One.  Can they do this?  Wouldn't it be Midland still reporting and not Capital One?

Thanks in advance!!!!!  Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Re: Confused on Credit Report

hey yes they can still report it but have to report as a zero balance. You could send capital one a goodwill letter to see if they would remove the tradeline. I had a capital one account that the debt was forgiven on but capital one still reported it until early this year when it dropped off my report. good luck with everything

Message 2 of 3
TrinaGwyn
Valued Member

Re: Confused on Credit Report

ThankYou! I think GW is the route i'm going to go-bc everything on the report looks right-

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.