Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused..

I finally got my utilization under 30% total on my cc’s. I have 1 paid collection that I can’t get removed and 1 90 day late payment on student loans. My score only went from 640-664 with the decrease in utilization. What else can I do to increase my score besides adding more debt. It seems like I will never be able to break 700.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused..

Time.  Garden awhile. It will happen. Just not overnite. Good luck. And welcome to the forum.  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I finally got my utilization under 30% total on my cc’s. I have 1 paid collection that I can’t get removed and 1 90 day late payment on student loans. My score only went from 640-664 with the decrease in utilization. What else can I do to increase my score besides adding more debt. It seems like I will never be able to break 700.

Welcome to the myFICO Forums! Smiley Happy

Are the student loan federal loans? If not, you can try good-willing the 90-day late mark off. Government loans are hard to budge, but YEMV. As for the paid collection, derogoratory items stay on your credit reports for up to 7 years (or so), so even if it's paid, it still has impact. 

A 664 Fico score is nothing to sneeze at. You have done well in your re-build, and you should feel proud of yourself.

Message 3 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Under 30% utilization is good, but big threshold is under 28.9 aggregate of all credit lines. Then work on ones that may offset it, ie., one at 0 or 10% , with another at 42%, make individual also for each card <28.9%, Long term, start reporting less balances on cards, if carrying 5/5 bring it down to 4/5 , then 3/5 with optimal at one card only a month, never all at zero. Further down the line is the one card that reports to be less than 8.9%. 

Let accounts the youngest age 13 months, which will also make inquiries the newest at one year unscoreable. 

Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Get below 8.99% reporting on 1 card and zero balance on the rest. As we say AZEO. All Zero Except One. Use em but pay them off except 1.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.