Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing score Vs remarks

tag
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

Confusing score Vs remarks

First off Happy Thanksgiving... Am I the only one on here worried about credit while the bird is cooking?? anyway lol

Score is 836 (Fico) but the reports say "You have few accounts that are in good standing" 

this goes back to the question that has been asked 100 times on here (twice by me) is credit karma right when they say you need 21+ accounts?  I ask this because I have 6 open accounts all very old, all in perfect standing, never late, low to no balance, and its saying this,  1 installment, 0 inquiries.

thats Equifax.... NOW take a Transunion that shows all my accounts (like 6-7 more that EQ does not  OF COURSE) and it does NOT say that message... so is there truth to this???

Hell even my Experian has 2 less accounts as my Trans and even IT says that same message.. I'm confused 

13 REPLIES 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Confusing score Vs remarks

Credit Karma is all marketing hype. They show you VantageScores and your credit reports to get you to come to the website. All the fluff and hype is to make you think you need more credit. This is all a ploy so they can tout credit products and make money. Of course, you need 21 plus accounts! How else is Credit Karma going to collect referral fees? 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 14
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

But it seems Fico is agreeing with that if you look at my situation 

Message 3 of 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

Score is 836 (Fico) but the reports say "You have few accounts that are in good standing" 

By gosh by golly, you have a FICO of 836... what are you concerned about?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Your score is incredibly high, not sure why this would be an issue??
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 14
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

Just wondering why its sayng that

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because as stated above, CK gets paid every time someone apps a card using the site. That’s why they’ll tell you anything to get you to app for cards, and why you’ll get 5+ emails a week about cards and loans that are perfect for you. The more times you app through them, the more money they make.

You have an 836. You need nothing they’re pitching.
Message 7 of 14
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

This was not through CK tho, I mearly stated maybe CK was right because other sites seem to agree

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

This was not through CK tho, I mearly stated maybe CK was right because other sites seem to agree

5ms

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the websites that provide credit scores, including CBs will show you something negative. Be it Credit Karma, Credit Sesame or Experian, they will always show something like “adding one more credit card/installment account will help your score”. This how they make money, by marketing products. Otherwise why do you think CK, will give you free score. They make money from their partners. If you sign up for one of the product advertised by CK, they get money. Just like YouTube, it’s free but they make money for everytime you click an ad.

Your score is beyond awesome! Many here including me would do anything to get a score that high! Don’t worry about what CK or any other credit score providing company says. You will be approved for almost anything with that credit score.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.