cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering US Bank Secured Card......

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Considering US Bank Secured Card......

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

You have to initiate and they do a hard inquiry. You then get a new card and account while they close the secured.

Thanks. I have my card for about 3 months.  I am debating if I should ask them to increase my CLI after the 6 month mark by adding additional deposit. It will be a hard inq at that time even thought I am securing the CLI with my cash secure deposit. Other option is might as well wait till 12 months and ask for Graduation + CLI at the same time.

Or just apply for another card. 6 months is usually enough with us bank unless you have a dirty file.

Message 21 of 26
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1st post...

Just as a data point I got approved for a US Bank secured card with 460ish scores a couple weeks ago.

This is what consistently amazes me about U.S Bank.

That they approved you is fantastic! However, they will deny someone with a 700+ FICO for a secured card if they have a BK in the profile...??

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 22 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Or just apply for another card. 6 months is usually enough with us bank unless you have a dirty file.

To be honest, I am not sure if I want to apply for a new cardit card now. I do have other secure cards that I can add depoist and increase the limit. Right now I am focusing on covering my basic monthly credit card needs and try to live in my limits. I'll wait for 6 months and add additional deposit and ask for CLI. Or just wait for 12 months and ask for graduation + CLI. In the mean time I want to focus on cleaning up the report and try to pay off some of the COs and Collections and get them off the report. Let us see where my scores stand in 9 months from now and take it from there.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps you know something I don't Brian, but you're the first person to say that they close the secured account (thus losing the history).

What I meant by hard graduation was that you do have to call in and it does take an inquiry.  The only one I know that closes out like suggested was the Wells Fargo Secured Card and (last I checked) it's no longer on the market.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi does this too.  Love the Citi Secured, but it's an auto-deny if you have a BK.  Several banks have similar policies; Chase being the most well known.

Message 25 of 26
cliccmade
Contributor

I just got approved by them with a BK in my profile.

My BK is about 7 years old.

CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$500 Secured USBank Platinum
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.