cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Fraud Alert on Credit Report, Should I Remove It?

tag
kade6767
Contributor

Consumer Fraud Alert on Credit Report, Should I Remove It?

It seems that now I am getting denied credit simply because of this statement. A rep from Kohl's was telling me to contact the bureaus but what else can I do? All my info is all correct, numbers, address, everything. My statement was to verify I was the one applying for the credit, but now it seems to be a hinderance. Should I just go ahead and make sure they're removed from all three agencies?

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Consumer Fraud Alert on Credit Report, Should I Remove It?

That is the purpose of the fraud alert, to make sure it is you.

If you don't want it any longer ask for it to be removed.

Message 2 of 5
kade6767
Contributor

I know the purpose of it, I've had it on there for years. But it seems to be stopping me from getting credit. They're denying me because of it. They're not verifying anything.

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 3 of 5
Chris1228
Contributor

I would have it removed, especially if you havn't had any instances of actual fraud. Just FYI, I just went through the process of getting them removed, and what a PITA that was. TU u can do online, EQ and EX you need to mail them a written request.

Message 4 of 5
kade6767
Contributor

There was a place looking at my EQ online during disputes where it shows you can delete the statement. We'll see what happens. As soon as I get my EX and TU in the mail I will follow through with having them removed. My biggest problem was someone trying to use my info to obtain credit and I had all these inquiries that were not mine, so I am disputing the ones I did not make. I got denied by Macy's and Kohl's and both retailers referenced my fraud alert in the denial.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.