Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Portfolio services charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer Portfolio services charge off

Hi

I had a 2015;Kia Optima financed by consumer portfolio services.  In 2019 the engine caught fire and I found out there was a recall for engine fires with their cars from 2015 - 2017 model's.  I filed complaints with Kia and the national highway safety board.   My insurance will not cover it because the person driving wasn't on my insurance ☹️.    Kia is currently investigating to see what they can do.  Last year consumer portfolio services came and repoed my car which had been sitting in my driveway since it happened. Now they have it on my report as a charge off.  My payment was $575 monthly.   They want me to pay $19,000 balance  on a 2015 Kia optima.  When I initially purchased the car, my credit was worse and I really needed a car for work.    Since April 2020, I've been paying them $150 biweekly with hopes they will settle with me depending upon Kia's investigation.  My question,  since I'm making biweekly payments of $150, can they remove the chargoff remark from my report or update it to reflect my current payments are ontime? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consumer Portfolio services charge off

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I had a 2015;Kia Optima financed by consumer portfolio services.  In 2019 the engine caught fire and I found out there was a recall for engine fires with their cars from 2015 - 2017 model's.  I filed complaints with Kia and the national highway safety board.   My insurance will not cover it because the person driving wasn't on my insurance ☹️.    Kia is currently investigating to see what they can do.  Last year consumer portfolio services came and repoed my car which had been sitting in my driveway since it happened. Now they have it on my report as a charge off.  My payment was $575 monthly.   They want me to pay $19,000 balance  on a 2015 Kia optima.  When I initially purchased the car, my credit was worse and I really needed a car for work.    Since April 2020, I've been paying them $150 biweekly with hopes they will settle with me depending upon Kia's investigation.  My question,  since I'm making biweekly payments of $150, can they remove the chargoff remark from my report or update it to reflect my current payments are ontime? 

What did the insurance cover? Nothing?

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Consumer Portfolio services charge off

As far as removing the CO thats not going to happen, once it progresses to that it is that forever going forward even though you may be making payments on it.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.