cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer credit scores to exclude some debts, liens starting July 1?

tag
njames33
New Contributor

Consumer credit scores to exclude some debts, liens starting July 1?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/03/13/reports-credit-scores-soon-exclude-some-debts-liens/9...

Saw this come up on a bunch of major news sites. My question is do you think there's anyway to get a tax lien removed prior to the July 1 date using the reasons they will be excluding? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Consumer credit scores to exclude some debts, liens starting July 1?

The only way now is to get it withdrawn by the agency that entered it
Message 2 of 3
KJT
Contributor

Re: Consumer credit scores to exclude some debts, liens starting July 1?

My interpretation of these news reportings is that if the lien's or judgements don't possess certain information i.e. name, ssn#, and correct address they should be deleted from the CRA file. That being said, I would dispute based upon accuracy of information. What I've realized is tax lien info and judgements are reported by third parties who are nortoreous for reporting "wrong" information.  

BK Filed 06/15 and D/C 09/15 Current FICO 8/9 Scores EQ 750/812 EX 722/742 TU 725/715 AMEX BCE $20K, Delta AMEX $10k, AMEX Everyday $5K, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Platinum NPSL, AMEX Marriott Bonvoy $9.3K, AMEX Hilton Aspire $9.3K, Apple Mastercard $9K, BOA Unlimited Custom Cash Visa $5K, BOA Travel Rewards Visa $5K, BBT Travel Reward Visa $7.5K, BBT Brightstar Visa $7.5K, Target $5k, Banana Republic $7k, CITI Custom Cash $3K, NFCU eSignature Visa $40k, NFCU CLOC $15k, NFCU AMEX Rewards $25k, NFCU Classic Visa Signature Flagship Reward $15k, Comendity NFL $25.4k, PayPal $10k, Capital 1 Wal-Mart $7k, Amazon Prime $10k, CITI-Double Cash $3k, PENFED Power Cash Reward 20k, PENFED AMEX $20K, PENFED Platinum $10k, PENFED Credit Union CLOC 1.5k, PENFED New Car Loan 6% APR 33k 72 MTHS-Paid Off, PENFED Signature Loan 19k 48 MTHS, Nordstrom 15K; Raymour $5.3, USAA AMEX Reward $14.5K, USSA Visa Reward $9.5K, Target $5K, Infiniti Q50 2019 $44K-1.9% APR 72 months-Paid Off. Total CC Limits $346K.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.