Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued building.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Continued building.

Hello everyone, my new Fico 8 experian score is 622 this is up quite a bit I only have two collections left diversified and lvnv. However I believe the major damage is now due to a crappy payment history, I have a few questions about this.

Self Lender: 1-30 day 1-60 day these are 7 months ago however my self lender is still open. I have sent goodwill they keep saying it's accurate etc I even wrote the self lender guy on this forum because they teach about goodwill on their website but it doesn't seem like they actually accept them. Will finishing off my loan and having the account close help with these latenesses? Or should I continue paying my monthly? I owe less then half of the amount

Benchmark federal credit union: I only have a checking and a savings account that I was unaware of a negative eleven dollar charge. They gave me a failed to pay, called and got the account back opened but the failed to pay is still there. Can checking accounts do this? Is there anything I can do about this? This also shows as a closed account it's as if they opened something on my credit just to show a charge off and a failed to pay should I close my active checking?

Charged off fingerhut account
2015: 1-30, 1-60, 1-90 two failed to pay
2016: Three failed to pay. I've begged them to recall the charge off however its owned by lvnv they will not budge.

PNC bank open account:
1-30 day late July 2018
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Continued building.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone, my new Fico 8 experian score is 622 this is up quite a bit I only have two collections left diversified and lvnv. However I believe the major damage is now due to a crappy payment history, I have a few questions about this.

Self Lender: 1-30 day 1-60 day these are 7 months ago however my self lender is still open. I have sent goodwill they keep saying it's accurate etc I even wrote the self lender guy on this forum because they teach about goodwill on their website but it doesn't seem like they actually accept them. Will finishing off my loan and having the account close help with these latenesses? Or should I continue paying my monthly? I owe less then half of the amount
I dont think it will make a difference lates wise if close or keep open. If you have no other open installment loans, I'd keep it open and continue with attempts to get them removed.

Benchmark federal credit union: I only have a checking and a savings account that I was unaware of a negative eleven dollar charge. They gave me a failed to pay, called and got the account back opened but the failed to pay is still there. Can checking accounts do this? Is there anything I can do about this? This also shows as a closed account it's as if they opened something on my credit just to show a charge off and a failed to pay should I close my active checking?

Where are you seeing this? Normally banks and CUs do not report over draft charges to CRAs, unless the amount goes to collections (including internal collection), but it's possible. There is nothing stopping them from doing so. As far as should you close, that's up to you. I dont see why you would be closing if you actually use their services, but at the same time, if you're using their services, how come you did not notice negative checking balance for the extended period of time? 
If multiple checking accounts are too much for you to handle and monitor, close. 

2016: Three failed to pay. I've begged them to recall the charge off however its owned by lvnv they will not budge.

They will not budge. If you're serious about rebuilding, you will need to pay this collection so at least updates stop. 

PNC bank open account:
1-30 day late July 2018

You probably wont get a GW removal there, especially with it being so new, but trying does not hurt. My only concern would be that they treat it as a dispute 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Continued building.

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think it will make a difference lates wise if close or keep open. If you have no other open installment loans, I'd keep it open and continue with attempts to get them removed.

Where are you seeing this? Normally banks and CUs do not report over draft charges to CRAs, unless the amount goes to collections (including internal collection), but it's possible. There is nothing stopping them from doing so. As far as should you close, that's up to you. I dont see why you would be closing if you actually use their services, but at the same time, if you're using their services, how come you did not notice negative checking balance for the extended period of time? 
If multiple checking accounts are too much for you to handle and monitor, close. 
I was trying to close the account however they wanted me to come into the branch to close it, The balance was 0 dollars i withdrew everything through ACH transfer. Once the balance hit 0 i tried to cancel however they wanted me in the branch couldn't make it there and eventually just forgot about it. A **bleep** fee for my balance overdrafted the account to negative 10 something like that however I wasn't notified I would have paid that fee.

They will not budge. If you're serious about rebuilding, you will need to pay this collection so at least updates stop. 
Next check I am going to pay LVNV and hopefully settle for Diversified.

PNC bank open account:
1-30 day late July 2018

You probably wont get a GW removal there, especially with it being so new, but trying does not hurt. My only concern would be that they treat it as a dispute 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.