Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortrust Card/Pinnacle Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cortrust Card/Pinnacle Collections

I received a collection letter from Pinnacle Financial Group. I had stopped paying Cortrust card when my husband was out of work because we needed the money elsewhere. After checking out the credit report, right now it looks like it is just listed as a Charge Off. Pinnacle isn't on there yet. What is the best way to take care of this? I would love to have this not go on my credit report. My credit really got hurt when he was out of work. Can Pinnacle remove the payments to Cortrust? Thanks so much,

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cortrust Card/Pinnacle Collections

You need to get a DV out to Pinnacle.  Right now you just have the OC reporting, and NO, the CA cannot change the OC's reporting.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

You need to get a DV out to Pinnacle.  Right now you just have the OC reporting, and NO, the CA cannot change the OC's reporting.

Why do I need a DV if I know she owes the money? Should we not just pay it and save that step?

Is there anything I can do about what Cortrust has put ont he report?

Message 3 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

By sending Pinnacle a DV now, it would be considered timely and would bar them from any collection activity which would include posting to CRs.  This would give you time to contact Contrust and see if they are willing to accept payment, and ask for a PFD.

July 2013 score:

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I get it now.  So basically a DV to Pinnacle and a PFD to Cortrust? 

I will get cracking on both right now.  Can I post my PFD here for you to check when I am done?

Message 5 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely, just leave off any personal information.

July 2013 score:

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

Thanks so much for your help.   Is something like this good???

Cortrust Bank

500 E 50th Street N

Sioux Falls, SD 57104

Re: Account #: ....
Amount: $xx.xx

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is about an account listed on Experian Credit Report. The account number I have is the one listed on my Experian credit report – which omits the last few digits.

I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or settlement percentage) if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of hundred and dollars ($xxx00) will be sent to CCS/Cortrust Bank in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

CCS/Cortrust Bank agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, you will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of  CCS/Cortrust Bank. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

xxxxx

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just realized my letter from the CA includes everything that the FDCPA requires?   Do I still send the DV?

PS Just ralized my printer is out of ink, ugh.  Gotta go to Staples tonight!

Message 8 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Thanks so much for your help.   Is something like this good???

Cortrust Bank

500 E 50th Street N

Sioux Falls, SD 57104

Re: Account #: ....
Amount: $xx.xx

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is about an account listed on Experian Credit Report. The account number I have is the one listed on my Experian credit report – which omits the last few digits.

I am requesting that this information be removed from my credit reports following payment of this account.  I hope that you will find it in your heart to grant this request.  I will provide the amount listed above as considered full payment of this debt if you are willing to delete all information concerning this account to the credit reporting agencies.  I thank you for your time and understanding and you may reach me at the address listed above.

Thank you,

Lucky'sMom

A PFD is a type of GW letter and I've always fealt it should be treated as such.  Don't be demanding, you can even throw in a sentence or two about how tough the economy or such has been on you.  But keep it in a friendly, inviting tone.  Just my take on it though.   Smiley Happy

xxxxx

July 2013 score:

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still so confused about the DV letter to the collection agency.  The letter they sent me had all the proper information on it that they are suppose to send.  Do I sitll send it?

Is the hope that by the time they get the DV letter that the OC has agreed to our terms?  I just don't want to pay off the OC and then owe the Collection agency as well.

Again, thanks so much for your help.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.