cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could some proof read my PFD letter.

tag
mistasteve

Could some proof read my PFD letter.

I just wanted someone to proof read my PFD letter before I begin mailing them. Please don't hold back...be honest.

Web Bank

215 South State Street, Suite 800

Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Ref: Account #

12345****

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is letter is in response to the referenced account. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification. I am trying to rebuild my credit and would like to offer a settlement.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to each credit bureau as you deem necessary. Furthermore you have the ability to change the listing including the removal of information reporting to these agencies.

I am willing to pay off the account in full - the amount of $1,673. As I work to restore my financial future I ask your company for compassion and removal of this account from all credit reporting agencies upon receipt of payment.

Please respond with persons in authority at Web Bank who can make this decision signed and on company letterhead. Once I receive acknowledgment and acceptance of this offer I will respond with immediate payment.

If you do not accept this offer please respond with an itemized description and details of monies owed according to the listed account.

Sincerely,

My Name

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Could some proof read my PFD letter.

Message 2 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@mistasteve wrote:

I just wanted someone to proof read my PFD letter before I begin mailing them. Please don't hold back...be honest.

Web Bank

215 South State Street, Suite 800

Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Ref: Account #

12345****

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter is in response to the above referenced account.  Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment nor acceptance of responsibility for the debt.

I am willing to pay off the account in full in the amount of $1,673; in return I ask your company for compassion and the timely removal of this account from all credit reporting agencies upon receipt of payment.

I am looking forward to a response, from persons at Web Bank who hold the authority to make this decision, signed and on company letterhead. Once I receive acknowledgment and acceptance of this offer I will respond with immediate payment.

If you do not accept this offer please respond with an itemized description and details of monies owed according to the listed account.

Sincerely,

My Name

My two pennies.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 7
mistasteve

My two pennies? Did I miss something?

Message 4 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Haha, sorry.  I revised your letter and put it in quotes--it may just look like I quoted your post, but if you look at it again you'll see it's different.  The revisions (this is just my personal opinion) make the letter a bit more direct and concise.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 7
mistasteve

Ok, yes it does. I'll use it. Is that it? Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Yep.  Looks great, and good luck!

FICO Scores 800+
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.