cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cox Communication Help

tag
ineedahome

Cox Communication Help

I'm in the process of buying a house and when I pulled my credit last week I noticed a collections account from Convergent Outsourcing Inc that Cox assigned an old debt from 2015 to. Cox still owns the debt so I called them last week and spoke to one of their collections CSR. The CSR told me that if I paid the past due balance, she would have the collections completely removed from my credit reports so I agreed and paid the balance. I made sure to ask her if it would report as paid and closed or be completely removed and she assured me it would be completely removed. I follow up this week and now I'm being told they will not remove the collections and that I have to wait until 7 years from the date of delinquency. I recorded the entire conversation last week and spoke to numerous people at Cox this morning but they are still refusing. (This debt was less than $100 and I had no idea it existed because my ex wife told me she took care of it in 2015, I got zero contact/notification from Cox or the CA about this debt as well.)

Does anyone have a good phone number or address for Cox other than regular customer support?

What options do I have to get this collections removed?

Convergent hasn't been any help either, they simply marked the collections as "Consumer disputes account information" when I never actually disputed anything with them.
Starting Score: 512 (02/12/10)
1 month Score: 569 (03/08/10)
Current Score: 631 (04/10/10)
Goal: 620+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Cox Communication Help

You'll see it over and over again on this forum that you must get it in writing before accepting a PFD.  You have very little leverage at this point and will have to depend on their goodwill.  Search "goodwill letter" on this forum for more help.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
ineedahome

Well that's not good. I figured having the entire conversation of her agreeing to remove them recorded was good enough.

Would disputing it with the CRA's do any good? The CA is reporting the balance at over $500 but I returned equipment to Cox which lowered the balance to under $100.
Starting Score: 512 (02/12/10)
1 month Score: 569 (03/08/10)
Current Score: 631 (04/10/10)
Goal: 620+
Message 3 of 4
GaryB_5165

@ineedahome  What was the number that you called?  My wife has a similar issue.  It's the only recent collection she has so it is really making an impact.  It's for $95 so it would be huge if we could get that removed.  I would like to try requesting the PFD in writing as suggested and see if the results end up any different.  Also, did you need the full account number?  We only have the partial number that is listed on the report we got on Experian's website.  Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.