Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cox/Convergent

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cox/Convergent

Hello, 

I recently found a collections acount from Convergent on my credit reports. The orginal creditor is Cox. I called them because I have current service with them so I was a little confused. Turns out it was the service that was in my name at my parent's old address. When they split they told me they took care of it, turns out they didn't. I asked them about paying it in full to them directly and whether they would remove it from my credit reports. I couldn't seem to get a clear answer from them. They just said it would be updated in 24-48 hours. 

If I pay Cox directly and it doesn't remove from my credit report, can I dispute the convergent tradeline? I want to make sure if I shell out $522 that I get this remove my from my reports completely. 

Has anyone had experience with Cox and Convergent? 

Any info will be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cox/Convergent

I went to the Cox store today to see if I could pay the balance and have them recall it from collections. They told me I would have to call in about recalling it. They said they could take the payment but that's it. I opted to hold off on paying until I called in. The guy was cool enough to mark the equipment as returned which dropped the balance $100. 

So, I called into their collections department and was met with a resounding no. They said they would send it to have the balance updated and stop reporting monthly. She also said I should call the collection agency about having it removed from my report. Weird. You'd think they could. I again held off on payment. 

I need advice on what my best option is. Pay Cox and then try and dispute the CA tradeline in my account and hope that gets it removed? Or should I contact the CA and see if they'll do a PFD? Anyone have any luck with a PFD for convergent? 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection on your credit only? Not cox right?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convergent will probably say they will delete if you pay in full because that is what they told me from a sprint bill

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Convergent will probably say they will delete if you pay in full because that is what they told me from a sprint bill

Yes, Convergent is the only one reporting on my credit reports. Well, I guess since I'm not really getting anywhere with Cox, I'll reach out to convergent and see if they'll agree to a PFD. How long ago did you get this through them? And did they honor it? 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for late response.They will send you it in mail and they will tell you on phone as well. They will request deltion on final payment. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They made me pif for it to be deleted per sprint even tho sprint does not own it. Anyway I just paid it anyway after they told me they will not delete it if I settled it for less amount

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They made me pif for it to be deleted per sprint even tho sprint does not own it. Anyway I just paid it anyway after they told me they will not delete it if I settled it for less amount

I don't mind PIF, I would prefer to anyways in case they won't delete it then it will at least show it was PIF. I was going to call them today however they are closed on the weekends so I will wait until Monday. If I don't get anywhere with someone on the phone then I've drafted a PFD letter I will send via mail and see if that helps. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I was wondering if you had an update from Convergent? 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.