Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Builder Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Builder Credit Cards

If you're going for a secured card, make sure you go for one that graduates.  I'm a huge fan of Discover It and the secured version looks just as good as the unsecured (no annual fees, cash back, discover deals, best customer service ever) and it graduates to unsecured version after you prove yourself.  They also are a very good card to grow with you.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many people don't like the First Premier, but it DOES have a grace period on interest, and the interest rates and fees are similar (almost exactly).  I've had no issues with them, they haven't held any payments, they post if you pay through bill pay faster if you do have problems with them holding onto your payment, and they report to all 3 credit bureaus. I applied for Credit One at the same time as First Premier, have had my FP card for 3 months, CO still says application in progress, they wanted multiple pieces of ID mailed in, and still no progress.  At this point I was able to get some other store cards and a secured Capitol One and more scores have jumped a lot, I'm ready to just cancel that application and wait out my 6 statements with Capitol One and ask for another card from them.  

On a side note, I decided to start banking with Capitol One, too.  They pay interest on both checking and savings with no minimum balance.  No monthly fees, either, super happy with the service from C1. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

With those scores I would stay away from credit one. That card gives me bad vibes after I got a unsolicited prequal in the mail @ 36% interest. Try a self lender installment loan, you will get your money back after a year and a steady pay history to boot for the big three. Or you could do share secure technique if you want to be a little more complicated about it and go for five eyars easy installemnt track record.

Congrats on your hard work so far!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.