Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card 60 days late?

tag
draychi
Valued Member

Re: Credit Card 60 days late?

@Anonymous 

A lot going on here, but from the accounts you posted, I just want to toss in my 2cents.

- Navy Federal Credit Union secured card: Open January 2021, $200 limit, on time payments. BALANCE: $13.00

Good job getting your foot in the door with them. Don't mess this one up. $10-$15 in gas every month or so, PIF (pay in full, before or after balance). Try to graduate over time.

- Credit One Credit Card: $300 limit, on time payments, opened in March 2021, BALANCE: $30.00

Some people knock this company, they're not that bad. I have 1 card that has an AF, then another one with no AF. The second card they gave me 6 months after having the first - AND I burned them 3-4 years ago, paid the collections. CreditOne is a builder/mid card. Just throw $10 on it every 2-3 months, PIF. Keep it, or dump it after you get better cards without AF's. Head's up.. they do NOT allow auto payments - make sure you have your payment date on a reminder.

- First Access Credit Card: $300 limit, 60 days late?, opened in June 2021, BALANCE: $270.00

I don't have much experience with them, but this probably wasn't the card to have such a high balance on.

- First Premier Credit Card: $300 limit, opened August 2021, BALANCE: $0 (Have not used, opened to just have a mixed credit)

$0 balance? They have a fee to open, AND charge the Annual Fee when opened - did you pay that off already? I defaulted with them a few years ago. They sent me an offer to open a new account if I moved the old balance to the new card. After 6 months of payments, they would report the original account as paid/$0. They did that, but they won't work with me on removing the old account or delete the past due/charge-off. With your account: use this card as a builder... don't keep it open after 2 years. It's an expensive card with the AF and they hit you with a fee just to increase your limit. Once you get new cards, pay it off and dump them.

- One Collection: Verizon Wireless: $1180 (Due to Identity Theft, still not able to delete this)

I don't have much experience with bad cell bills. You need to prove ID theft though and dispute with the CRAs (file with CFPB if needed). I did go through a SIM hack with Tmobile - they fixed it after they found out it was someone at one of their own stores. They paid 2 months of my bills, and dropped everything I owed on the phone I had financed. I've been with them for 14-15 years, so that could have something to do with it.

CHARGE OFF ACOUNT: Commenity Capital (I have received letters that this has been deleted off my credit report, but it still shows after months later.)

- I've burned them 4-5 years ago... CO's are still sitting there even though I've paid off the collections. If you have physical letters of removal, send those to the CRA's. They have to be removed.

Rebuild start: Late 2020 (Low 500's).
- Settled & Removed 9 collections
- 680-700 (03/2022)
- 5.5 year old Chase repo I need to settle

PenFed Power Cash $3.5k | Amex Plat NPSL | Discover IT $2k | Citi $200 | WF Active Cash $300 | FirstPremier $1200 | FirstNational, FirstSavings $850 each | Cap1 Plat $700 | Avant $300 | Surge $1k | Kohls $300 | CreditOne $600 & $1.2k | Jasper MC $1k | Petal1 $500 | OppFi $1k | Prosper $500 | MissionLane $500
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.