Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Approval for my FICO Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Approval for my FICO Score

I am in the process of restoring my credit and have seen great improvement. But now I am struggling in finding a bank to approve me for a legit credit card (besides Capital One secured CC) Which credit card (bank) could possibly approve me with the FICO scores that I currently have? I don't want to keep getting all new hard inquiries on my credit report. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Approval for my FICO Score

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the process of restoring my credit and have seen great improvement. But now I am struggling in finding a bank to approve me for a legit credit card (besides Capital One secured CC) Which credit card (bank) could possibly approve me with the FICO scores that I currently have? I don't want to keep getting all new hard inquiries on my credit report. 

Welcome to the myFico Forum tanque01 - everyone has a different profile and it's more than just the score(s). If you can give us a little more info about your credit profile ..current scores, good stuff / bad stuff etc that will help us help you.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My current FICO scores are the following: EQ 639, TU 671, EX 666. I have more medical collections than serious delinquency or derogatory public records. The medical records I've tried to dispute but, only one of the three credit agency removed them, at this point I feel very confused.

Message 3 of 14
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

The scores are not really that bad.  Discover offers a secured card also check with your bank or local credit unions to see if they offer secured credit.  Also Capitol One is not that bad, just don't max it out and keep it paid down and you will see a increase in your scores.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 4 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Open Sky doesnt require a credit check for their secured card you could start there. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/td-p/3846302

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I am very eager to learn more about what I need to do to get my credit back on track. Well, besides paying on time and figuring out a way to take care of the medical bills that are killing me on my credit report.

Message 6 of 14
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My current FICO scores are the following: EQ 639, TU 671, EX 666. I have more medical collections than serious delinquency or derogatory public records. The medical records I've tried to dispute but, only one of the three credit agency removed them, at this point I feel very confused.

Do you have other serious delinquencies or public records on your reports?

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No public records, the serious deliquency are medical bills and two other accounts that are not medical.

Message 8 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

No public records, the serious deliquency are medical bills and two other accounts that are not medical.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

On the non medicals you want to try PFD, it works best with CAs over OCs but you dont want an OC sending anything to a CA so if they wont PFD then you want to move to settlement with them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.