Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card suggestions for 675 FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card suggestions for 675 FICO score

I've been working on my credit for the last few years. I had 6 charge-offs entries removed by PFD's and now all that remains are 2 of the OC's marking a $0 balance. I have sent multiple goodwill letters to the remaining 2 OCs with no luck. My score has went from low 500's a couple of years ago to now where it has been around 675 for the last several months with little change.

I have a Cap1 secured card and a Discover secured that I got around 2 years ago. The Discover has since unsecured and the limit has increased a few times and currently has a limit of $2200. The Cap1 card is still secured and has a limit of $700. The phone reps at Cap1 have told me that the card will never unsecure and may never have any more CLI's and that I could cancel it and try to apply for a new unsecured card. I keep all cards payed down below 10% by the end of the month. I also have a bank loan at around $1000 that I am paying on.

Are there any good cards available that I may qualify for in my credit range of 675? Is there any reason that I should cancel the Cap1 knowing it may never upgrade? I am hoping to be able to raise my credit line. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card suggestions for 675 FICO score

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been working on my credit for the last few years. I had 6 charge-offs entries removed by PFD's and now all that remains are 2 of the OC's marking a $0 balance. I have sent multiple goodwill letters to the remaining 2 OCs with no luck. My score has went from low 500's a couple of years ago to now where it has been around 675 for the last several months with little change.

I have a Cap1 secured card and a Discover secured that I got around 2 years ago. The Discover has since unsecured and the limit has increased a few times and currently has a limit of $2200. The Cap1 card is still secured and has a limit of $700. The phone reps at Cap1 have told me that the card will never unsecure and may never have any more CLI's and that I could cancel it and try to apply for a new unsecured card. I keep all cards payed down below 10% by the end of the month. I also have a bank loan at around $1000 that I am paying on.

Are there any good cards available that I may qualify for in my credit range of 675? Is there any reason that I should cancel the Cap1 knowing it may never upgrade? I am hoping to be able to raise my credit line. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

With only 2 open CCs dont cancel that Cap-1 until you have more than 3 open as it will cost you Fico points. The first 3 open give a Fico score boost of some sort. The C1 isnt going to graduate they changed their rules on it not too long ago. You can have 2 rebuilders open with them so you could app for their unsecured QS or the platinum though I would hold off as its 3 HPs one on each CR. Who are the banks that you had COs with including the ones you have had removed from your CRs?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to their websites and try the prequalification links for the major banks. Amex, Cit, Bank of America even try the Capital One.

Message 3 of 8
Paj315
Established Member

Not sure which bureau the 675 is for but my hubs recently got an Amex blue cash card and they pulled Experian. His score was 669. (he has no charge offs and only one paid medical collection,) Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 8
calyx
Super Contributor

What are you looking for in a card - cashback, travel, points, etc?   A good card is one that helps you the most, and if you'll share what you're looking for, I'm sure we can come up with suggestions for you.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help!  The banks for the 2 OC's reporting at $0 are Capital1 and Synchrony Bank. 

I would be very interested if some quality cards could be suggested for my credit score.  I am mainly interested in increasing my credit limit.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Go to their websites and try the prequalification links for the major banks. Amex, Cit, Bank of America even try the Capital One.

This is the best suggestion you’re going to get.  Add Discover to the list too. 

Message 7 of 8
pgtackle2003
Frequent Contributor

Completely agree with this post. I was in your same situation about 6 months ago. I prequalified for an Amex Delta Blue and then was approved for 1k. About a month later I was regretting not getting the Delta Gold card (I travel a lot for work) and applied for it anyway. I was approved for the gold with a 5K starting limit. 120 days later I applied for a CLI (soft pull) and got approved for 15k. They never say the pre-qual are a guaruntee but they are pretty close in my experience.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.