Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards

What are some good credit cards to help rebuild credit besides secured cards and capital 1?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Cards

Need data points that led to the rebuild. Basically its secured or Cap1 yes. Once we know more details then we can help. Fire away!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU 560, EXP 568, EQU 565.
I have a few collections, however, I am in the process of clearing them up. Also, I already have a secured Cap 1 card. I was looking for another credit card besides a secure. What more information do you need?
Message 3 of 8
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Did you try and prequalify on discover website? Its going to be hard to get a unsecure Card with your scores.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
TU 560, EXP 568, EQU 565.
I have a few collections, however, I am in the process of clearing them up. Also, I already have a secured Cap 1 card. I was looking for another credit card besides a secure. What more information do you need?

Thats great your cleaning up the collections. What cards did you have before or loans. What are the collections for. Charge offs, med bills. The more we know the more we can help lead you in the right direction. Giving us 1 secured card and a few collections isnt enough info. Were here to help!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 student loans in deferred
- 2 capital 1 cards (not in collection but is charged off
-jcpenney ( collections)
-2 walmart cards (in collection)
-car insurance(collection
- cable bill (collection)
- hospital bill(collection
Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the DP's. TBH. You'll have to clean up your past to get to the future. Right now in this point in time. You more than likely will have to go the secured route. If Cap1 only offered a secured card. Getting another lender to approve a unsecured is highly unlikely. More credit wont fix what's holding you down. Need to work on the baddies first. Then more doors will open for you. Good Luck!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

See if you can contact those collection agencies and offer a pay for delete. Depending on the collection agency it may or may not work. I've found medical collections are the easiest to remove. I have a cable on mine that I settled but the agency refused to delete. What are the dates of the collections... or more importantly, the dates of your last on time payment with each?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.