Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Clean-Up Journey HELP!!!

tag
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

Credit Clean-Up Journey HELP!!!

Hey all! I just joined the community about a week ago and have bascially gone right in with getting things taken care of. Here's where I'm at:

Collections: 

Clark County Collections: will not pay because it's old enough, but my disputes keep coming back as valid.

Portfolio Recovery: 2016, Paid to Delete

Portfolio Recovery: 2019, Paid to Delete

IC Systems: 2019, Paid with OC and was promised it would come off the report.

Resurgent: 2019, Paid to Delete

Midland Credit: 2018, Paid to Delete

Open Credit Cards:

Toyota Comenity: $0 balance a couple of recent lates that I'm trying to do GW letters for

New York and Co: $0 balance a couple of recent lates that I'm trying to do a GW letter for 

Victorias Secret: $0 balance, no lates

Loans:

Santander: Owe about $28k, no lates

Westcreek: $0 balance a couple mates I'm trying to do a GW letter to remove

Charge-Offs

Capital One: From 2014. Do I have any hopes of getting this off my report??? I'm so close lol.

Here comes the fun part. I had a Toyota Moro credit account that has recent lates up until March of this year. I have 30 total kate payments. I've sent a GW letter, but I'm not sure they can do anything to help me. The account is paid off now.

Here's where I'm at with my husband:

Collections:

Verizon: The bane on my existence. He now has TWO on his report. I can't with these people. One is at a collection agency since 2017, and now they've attached a Verizon collections from last month.

Coast Professionals: I'm trying to get a hold of somebody at the school to see if they'll pay to delete. The previous person told me they could only look at it once I paid. 🙄 

LVNV Funding: 2019, paid fo delete

Transworld: 2020, Paid with OC and sent letter to CEO. They said they would take care of the collection account. This was just today, so we will see.

Charge-Offs

Chase: Reported just this month. I settled for a lower amount and they said they'd update to paid as settlement, and $0 balance

Citi: Reported last month. Planning to do a settlement to hopefully gain some points.  I was considering asking for a deletion of account, BUT this is his oldest account. Of course. I would hate to lose points in that area. Thoughts?

Credit Cards and Loans

Discover: 1 late that they refuse to do anything with. We use this every month for the utilization points. It's on both our credit. 

Kohl's: 4 recent lates. $40 balance. Planning to do a GW letter to see if anything can be done about the lates.

DigniFi: $0 balance but several lates. Sent a letter to the CEO to try to get some resolution. 

Ford Motor Credit: Paid off because we were forced to trade in the hunk of junk. There are some lates, most recent was Nov. 2019. Planning to send a GW letter but from what I've heard, they don't care and won't even respond. 

What else can I do? I made a very dumb mistake by starting to build a home that is now 2-3 months from being completed. My lender said the credit repair agency was the best place to go. I can't agree with this. I forced him to check my credit a couple weeks ago and our lowest mid score was 509 for mortgage! I'm dying inside y'all. Everything else says much higher. So, that's when I began my work. I'm not afraid of some hard work to get us where we need to be. Am I being ambitious to think we can jump up a lot of points? A lot of stuff is recent, so I was thinking that would help because we just took a big hit. So I'm hoping they'll raise quickly for us to get in this house.

Any tips are greatly appreciated! 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Clean-Up Journey HELP!!!

@Cjethompson2017 wrote:

Hey all! I just joined the community about a week ago and have bascially gone right in with getting things taken care of. Here's where I'm at:

Collections: 

Clark County Collections: will not pay because it's old enough, but my disputes keep coming back as valid.

I would stop disputing unless you have evidence it should be removed. What do you mean by "old enough"?

Portfolio Recovery: 2016, Paid to Delete

Portfolio Recovery: 2019, Paid to Delete

IC Systems: 2019, Paid with OC and was promised it would come off the report.

Resurgent: 2019, Paid to Delete

Midland Credit: 2018, Paid to Delete

Open Credit Cards:

Toyota Comenity: $0 balance a couple of recent lates that I'm trying to do GW letters for

New York and Co: $0 balance a couple of recent lates that I'm trying to do a GW letter for 

Victorias Secret: $0 balance, no lates

Loans:

Santander: Owe about $28k, no lates

Westcreek: $0 balance a couple mates I'm trying to do a GW letter to remove

Charge-Offs

Capital One: From 2014. Do I have any hopes of getting this off my report??? I'm so close lol.

I am unsure what "from 2014" means. It was opened? Closed? Charged off? DoFD?

Here comes the fun part. I had a Toyota Moro credit account that has recent lates up until March of this year. I have 30 total kate payments. I've sent a GW letter, but I'm not sure they can do anything to help me. The account is paid off now.

Here's where I'm at with my husband:

Collections:

Verizon: The bane on my existence. He now has TWO on his report. I can't with these people. One is at a collection agency since 2017, and now they've attached a Verizon collections from last month.

Coast Professionals: I'm trying to get a hold of somebody at the school to see if they'll pay to delete. The previous person told me they could only look at it once I paid. 🙄 

LVNV Funding: 2019, paid fo delete

Transworld: 2020, Paid with OC and sent letter to CEO. They said they would take care of the collection account. This was just today, so we will see.

Good luck! I have never seen anyone with data points saying they delete, but I have my fingers crossed for you! 

Charge-Offs

Chase: Reported just this month. I settled for a lower amount and they said they'd update to paid as settlement, and $0 balance

Citi: Reported last month. Planning to do a settlement to hopefully gain some points.  I was considering asking for a deletion of account, BUT this is his oldest account. Of course. I would hate to lose points in that area. Thoughts?

OCs rarely delete or do PFD. If it is a derogatory account, forget about the age of it! The fact it is a derogatory account will hurt way more than any benefit from being his oldest account.

Credit Cards and Loans

Discover: 1 late that they refuse to do anything with. We use this every month for the utilization points. It's on both our credit. 

Kohl's: 4 recent lates. $40 balance. Planning to do a GW letter to see if anything can be done about the lates.

DigniFi: $0 balance but several lates. Sent a letter to the CEO to try to get some resolution. 

Ford Motor Credit: Paid off because we were forced to trade in the hunk of junk. There are some lates, most recent was Nov. 2019. Planning to send a GW letter but from what I've heard, they don't care and won't even respond. 

What else can I do? I made a very dumb mistake by starting to build a home that is now 2-3 months from being completed. My lender said the credit repair agency was the best place to go. I can't agree with this. I forced him to check my credit a couple weeks ago and our lowest mid score was 509 for mortgage! I'm dying inside y'all. Everything else says much higher. So, that's when I began my work. I'm not afraid of some hard work to get us where we need to be. Am I being ambitious to think we can jump up a lot of points? A lot of stuff is recent, so I was thinking that would help because we just took a big hit. So I'm hoping they'll raise quickly for us to get in this house.

Any tips are greatly appreciated! 

I made some comments in bold above.

Recent lates and baddies really tank your scores. They will improve with time (depending on the severity of the lates it could take longer) or if you can get the bad TLs/CAs and/or lates removed.

I would still keep trying the GW saturation method with the lates you listed above. You need to be kind and take accountability, even if it is painful to do so.

I strongly suggest pulling all 3 CRs from annual credit report for free (no scores, but free to pull all 3 weekly through 4/2021). They have the most comprehensive data that I can find that includes specific dates as when to expect derogatory accounts to fall off. You could possibly even see about EE (early exclusion) for some of them if they are as old as you say they are and should not be reporting or are close to aging off.

TU will have listed "estimated date of removal" and you can request EE 6 month prior to that date.

EX will have "on report until" date listed. They have 3 months EE, but the date shown for "on report until" already has 2 months baked in, so you can request EE 1 month before that date.

EQ will have listed "date of first delinquency". Do not even bother attempting EE with them. The TL will drop 7 years from that date listed.

My only reservation is if you are apping for a mortgage. While you could possibly EE a couple accounts from TU and EX and possibly improve those 2 mortgage scores, the baddies will likely still be on EQ as well (unless they are not reporting to EQ, which then it would definitely help you) and the mortgage UW will see them and want them paid. Now if it has been paid already, it can't hurt to see if you can improve your TU and EX mortgage scores through EE, as they usually take your middle score for setting the interest rate of the mortgage.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous Thanks! The from date is the DOFD. 

Old enough, I meant it's 7 years old.

I'm on my last round from a credit repair agency. They said they're done disputing, but obviously the remark is still there. I've been told I need to contact the CA to make sure they're all removed. Really annoying if you ask me, but I have learned my lesson with that! I'm mad af myself for even going through that crap.

I will stalk them until it gets deleted. Lol. I think I've seen ONE post that was able to get them removed. They went the same route I did. So I'm just really hoping it happens. As far as I know, the account was not sold to them. 

I did pull my reports from annual credit report.com to make sure I was looking at correct information. 

I will keep on chugging along with my letters in hopes of getting somewhere. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cjethompson2017 wrote:

@Anonymous Thanks! The from date is the DOFD. 

Old enough, I meant it's 7 years old.

I'm on my last round from a credit repair agency. They said they're done disputing, but obviously the remark is still there. I've been told I need to contact the CA to make sure they're all removed. Really annoying if you ask me, but I have learned my lesson with that! I'm mad af myself for even going through that crap.

I will stalk them until it gets deleted. Lol. I think I've seen ONE post that was able to get them removed. They went the same route I did. So I'm just really hoping it happens. As far as I know, the account was not sold to them. 

I did pull my reports from annual credit report.com to make sure I was looking at correct information. 

I will keep on chugging along with my letters in hopes of getting somewhere. 

Ah, you used a a CRA to dispute items on your CRs.

Se I did for several years, as well. They foiled everything up *so* bad! Turns out I have 2 accounts that were disouted to death that instead of falling off at the 7 year mark, the cjange the verbiage to "paid as agrees" and changed some late marks and these accounts are STILL on my credit reports! In stead of them falling off, I had to wait for each late to fall off one by one....it was awful! One was "closed" in 2006 and the other in 2008....yeah WAY past the 7 year mark! They are going to stay at least 10 years from the last update.

I hope you have better luck than I did!

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Keep trying the PFDs, they dont want to stop your home from closing they just want their money.. Good progress so far Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to update @Anonymous  transworld did delete! They had to because somebody messed up and said they will delete it, and they recorded it. They told me that was literally the only reason I got it deleted. So, I got lucky. Lol. 

ive has success getting one account that had 4 recent lates, removed from the report. And, I was able to have 3 lates on another update to paid on time. I am still working through paying stuff off, but everything will be paid before the application for the mortgage goes through. I decided for myself that that's what needed to happen. I'm still working on getting other things removed.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cjethompson2017 wrote:

I just wanted to update @Anonymous  transworld did delete! They had to because somebody messed up and said they will delete it, and they recorded it. They told me that was literally the only reason I got it deleted. So, I got lucky. Lol. 

ive has success getting one account that had 4 recent lates, removed from the report. And, I was able to have 3 lates on another update to paid on time. I am still working through paying stuff off, but everything will be paid before the application for the mortgage goes through. I decided for myself that that's what needed to happen. I'm still working on getting other things removed.

Congrats! That is HUGE!

Transworld is one of the worst and it is really exciting that you are done with them!

You have really been making steady progress, keep it up!

Message 7 of 8
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous Thank you! I've been trying so hard! I didn't believe it would happen until it did. I also have a letter to support it in case it randomly decides to come back on. Lol

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.