cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Collection Services (CCS) Pay for Delete

tag
Davi106

Credit Collection Services (CCS) Pay for Delete

I recently checked my CR and noticed 2 new collections from CCS. I called CCS to offer PFD and they told me they will not delete only update the report the report to paid in full. Any suggestions? Please help. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Collection Services (CCS) Pay for Delete

Welcome @Davi106 

Paid is better than owed. This is from Feb:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Does-Credit-Collection-Services-still-do-PFD... 

Not much more you can do.

Message 2 of 11
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@Davi106 wrote:

I recently checked my CR and noticed 2 new collections from CCS. I called CCS to offer PFD and they told me they will not delete only update the report the report to paid in full. Any suggestions? Please help. Thanks! 

OP, I was successful with a PFD from CCS. It's been a few years dealing with them. But, they were easy to deal with. If I'm not mistaken(🤷‍♂️) as I stated, it's been awhile...I believe they have accounts that are permitted/eligible for PFD and some that aren't(at the request of the OC.) With that said, you can call CCS and ask if your account is eligible for PFD and at what %. I would be sure that your collection is past the SOL in your state. Hopefully, it is something that can be PFD @ % <$Bal?

GL.🤞 Let us know how it turned out.

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 11
Jlbolden
Established Member

I was told the same by CCS, but progressive said that they should delete. I'm very confused.

Message 4 of 11
MrsBs-Money

@Jlbolden wrote:

I was told the same by CCS, but progressive said that they should delete. I'm very confused.

Did you ever get this settled?

Message 5 of 11
Jlbolden
Established Member

No.

Message 6 of 11
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Jlbolden wrote:

No.

Did you pay yet ?  Have you tried to pay the original creditor. If not, I would try that route and if successful, it will be much easier in many cases to dispute it and have it deleted. That practice has worked for me more often than not.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 7 of 11
Jlbolden
Established Member

So, pay original creditor and dispute it with credit bureaus? 

Message 8 of 11
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Jlbolden wrote:

So, pay original creditor and dispute it with credit bureaus? 

Yes.  Should always be your first attempt when trying to pay back a debt owed.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 9 of 11
SSH0126
Established Contributor

@Jlbolden Did you ever pay? Were you successful in getting the collection removed?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.