Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Collection Services verbal PFD - UPDATE

tag
teeluhz
Established Member

Credit Collection Services verbal PFD - UPDATE

Hello all! 
So....I was sitting at work today, minding my business and I get an alert from Credit Karma about a negative remark being added to my Equifax report. Instantly I'm thinking "omg what now Smiley Sad" as I've been working so hard to get things cleaned up on my reports and I thought I was finally finished! A $97 collection account from Credit Collection Services was added to my EQ report with an open date of 12/18/17.  Not sure where they've been all this time, but whatever. The original creditor was Nationwide Auto Insurance. I remember having them but I must not have realized there was a balance due when I switched insurances.

I called up CCS when I got home and talked to a very nice lady. She gave me the information regarding the account. I told her I can pay it next week. She instructed me on how to sign in online with the file & pin number she had given me. She stated once paid in full, they will update the credit bureaus as paid. I asked her nicely if there's anyway they can just delete the whole account once paid. She said as a courtesy they will delete the account once paid. What?! Just like that? I was prepared to beg! LOL! She also said I don't have to call back once it's paid to remind them because she "stamped" the account. I signed in and on the account was verbiage that they will delete the account once paid. The rep advised me to allow 7-14 days after the payment posts and the account should be deleted, but of course the credit bureaus  can take up to 30 days sometimes. "So far" this is only on my EQ report (reported 5/3/19) which happens to be my fastest updating report. I'm just glad it's under $100 so I didn't get any drop in my score when it reported, but I don't even want to look at it. I'm going to pay this little nuisance off and report back with the results. I have a screenshot but I don't think I've ranked up enough to be able to post pics. Thanks for reading!!

Update: I paid the account in full on 5/14 and the account was REMOVED from EQ sometime between 5/20-5/26 per CK! No point jump since it was under $100 and it never dropped my score.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
martypav7
Contributor

Re: Credit Collection Services verbal PFD

Honestly dont trust them. i have been told that once by them and after paid they are still on my report. i called and was told theres no evidence in such of PFD as they dont do it. second time i got them i asked for proof which they worded it on notice part of their website, then it was deleted. unless they can provide you with that dont pay them

Message 2 of 6
teeluhz
Established Member

@martypav7 wrote:

Honestly dont trust them. i have been told that once by them and after paid they are still on my report. i called and was told theres no evidence in such of PFD as they dont do it. second time i got them i asked for proof which they worded it on notice part of their website, then it was deleted. unless they can provide you with that dont pay them

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely keep an eye out. There's verbiage on my account when I sign in that states they will delete the account. I saved the screenshot, I just can't post it here. I'll come for their head if they try to play me Smiley Very Happy. The note says "This communication will confirm our intention to remove the above referenced account from credit bureau(s) upon receipt of full payment". So...they better honor it! Or else!

edit to add quotation marks

Message 3 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

NOTHING verbal matters when dealing with collectors.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 6
Emierja99
Contributor

Nice job! I would feel like this agreement is some form of written communication since there is a note stating it would be deleted upon receipt of payment! Just make sure the screen shot shows all account info, no mishaps or back stepping on their part.

Message 5 of 6
teeluhz
Established Member

Update! The account has been REMOVED! Removed sometime between 5/20-5/26!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.