Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Counseling

tag
AJR1
Contributor

Credit Counseling

Started using a credit counseling service in CT - Perfect Credit Consulting - My scores have gone up about 20 pts - All 3 still under 600

What should I expect and how fast - I am spending over 200 a month for this and he is disputing things  - What do i look for - Help 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Counseling

They're really not doing anything for you that you can't do yourself. Use this site as a guide, sign up for the ultimate 3 bureau monitoring. Save the other $150 and put it toward paying down any debts. There's plenty of great advice here to help turn your credit around.
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

They can only do what you yourself can do it you are willing to invest some time into it. As the other poster has said there is lots of info and help available on this site. Good luck to your rebuild Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@AJR1 wrote:

Started using a credit counseling service in CT - Perfect Credit Consulting - My scores have gone up about 20 pts - All 3 still under 600

What should I expect and how fast - I am spending over 200 a month for this and he is disputing things  - What do i look for - Help 

If you have the time, please read as much as you can on this forum! I've been able to raise my scores almost 100 points because of suggestions and advice given on here. You're wasting $200 that could be better used towards your debt/savings! Seriously, the people on here are amazing and very smart. Smiley Happy

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.