Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Journey Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Journey Update

My Credit Rebuilding Journey 
I thought I would create this posting as a way of tracking my rebuilding journey. Within the past month I sent out letter disputing First Premier bank, inquires, and late payments.

I still have late payments reporting from Macy's(2013(30+60) and 2015(30) due to banking error, this is being reported on Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. One late payment for $1.00 got reported in Jan2019 a 30 day late. and credit union lates reported in 2013 as 2 (30) and 1 (60) day late. None has been removed to FCRA. Tried goodwill letters.

Good news:
First Premier Bank has been finally removed from Equifax. 
Inquires being deleted from Equifax, Transunion, and Experian

Any tips to get creditors to delete late payments? Its makes up 30% of my score and its keeping me in low limit credit cards.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Journey Update

Congrats!!!! How did you get Inquires deleted, I thought those were a lost cause to try.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Journey Update

@Anonymous wrote:
My Credit Rebuilding Journey 
I thought I would create this posting as a way of tracking my rebuilding journey. Within the past month I sent out letter disputing First Premier bank, inquires, and late payments.

I still have late payments reporting from Macy's(2013(30+60) and 2015(30) due to banking error, this is being reported on Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. One late payment for $1.00 got reported in Jan2019 a 30 day late. and credit union lates reported in 2013 as 2 (30) and 1 (60) day late. None has been removed to FCRA. Tried goodwill letters.

Good news:
First Premier Bank has been finally removed from Equifax. 
Inquires being deleted from Equifax, Transunion, and Experian

Any tips to get creditors to delete late payments? Its makes up 30% of my score and its keeping me in low limit credit cards.

On the late payments goodwill letter campaign is only way and I would do it by US Mail its more personal than email. If they dont grant then put them on a schedule of say every 2 months to get a letter asking that the lates be forgiven.

I would not be disputing valid inquiries as it can lead to good accounts being canceled out for suspected fraud. Inquiries really are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, they only affect Fico for the first year and if a creditor likes what they see they are going to do business with you irregardless of the inquiry count.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.