Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Home Insurance Score

tag
ButterflyT
Established Member

Credit Karma Home Insurance Score

Does anyone know anything about the Credit Karma Home insurance score...like what is it and who would use it...

I am assuming it has to be there for a reason so I am just curious and annoyed...when I read the learn more it says that it is a score on how likely you will be to file a claim. I am currently in an apartment, sooo hope to buy a house next year, and I have renters insurance.

The reason I am annoyed is because recently my DB ex husband broke into my apartment and stole my flat screen and X-Box...yes I know what a loser, yeah I married a real winner but he wasn't on drugs and a loser when I married him in my defense...so anyway I tried to file a claim thru my renters insurance, they woudn't do it. Said I had a libaility only policy which only covered is I was liable, and since I was the victim and I didn't like fall asleep cooking and burn the place down or anything like that, i coudn't place a claim. Sounds like a bunch of bull to me, like they are just taking my money each month and I am not really getting anything for it, but anyways....so I log on to Credit Karma and BAM! my Home Insurance Score went down by 94 point!!! **bleep**!!! 1. I didn't even file a claim and 2. I am the victim of a robbery, how does that make me the bad guy? I am so annyed...my other scores haven't changed...

I am not even sure like what, if I even can. to do about this score to get it raised??? fixed...corrected.... really at a loss for words...as if this fool hasn't already done enough to me!! ARGHHH

Anyone???

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rivernh
Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Home Insurance Score

you know I was searching this myself, because when I looked at credit Karma today, my home insurance score had dropped over 90 points...from "excellent" to "poor"    Once I read your post I realized that this week I had been in an auto accident with an uninsured driver.  The accident was the kid's fault, but the damage was really minor. I found out that I would have to pay it anyway, because it would be applied to my $1000 deductible, and I am pretty sure its less that that, it's a scatch.  And the kid knew my son and I found out he has had a hard time lately, so after talking with the adjuster I decided to cancel the claim.  Now my auto insurance score is the same, but the home owners changes? Whatever. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.