Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma site update--Now reporting Equifax

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Credit Karma site update--Now reporting Equifax

Just signed on to Credit Karma and discovered that they have added Equifax report and score. And the score is VantageScore 3. All the other scores, like home insurance and auto insurance scores are gone.

I wish CK scores were not FAKOs. My TransUnion VantageScore went up 85 points in the past month! By Comparison, FICO score, as reported by MyFICO, went up 26.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma site update--Now reporting Equifax

@crrredit wrote:

Just signed on to Credit Karma and discovered that they have added Equifax report and score. And the score is VantageScore 3. All the other scores, like home insurance and auto insurance scores are gone.

I wish CK scores were not FAKOs. My TransUnion VantageScore went up 85 points in the past month! By Comparison, FICO score, as reported by MyFICO, went up 26.

The Vantage Score is more of a score than the previous TU New Accounts Model, there are some lenders who do use it to approve credit lines.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi My score is lower in credit karma I don't trust their scoring system FAKO. 

Message 3 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

I checked monday and my CK was TU only. I just checked again and I have both TU and EQ.

My TU Vantage 3 is 1 point lower than my TU Fico 08  (711 vs 712).  Thats the closest its ever been.

So now i guess i have to start  a new Chart  

ficofako.png

Message 4 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

My CK Vantage 3.0 scores are showing 798 and 808.  I *WISH* my FICO scores were even close to that!  Vantage 3.0 appears to either be very forgiving of my problems from 2-3 years ago, or really likes that I have the last 2-3 years of perfect payment history and less then 1% Util - or maybe a combination of both.  

I am seeing quite a few messages from people not liking this CK change.  I consider Vantage 3.0 scores to be more legitimate than what CK was offering before.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 14
crrredit
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

I checked monday and my CK was TU only. I just checked again and I have both TU and EQ.

My TU Vantage 3 is 1 point lower than my TU Fico 08  (711 vs 712).  Thats the closest its ever been.

So now i guess i have to start  a new Chart  

ficofako.png

Interesting that your FICO is higher than CK. My CK is always way higher than FICO. I figured that CK reported a higher score to help increase applications to their sponsor's cards. 

Message 6 of 14
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

MIne's the opposite. My CK is 70 points lower than my FICO

Message 7 of 14
crrredit
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@crrredit wrote:

The Vantage Score is more of a score than the previous TU New Accounts Model, there are some lenders who do use it to approve credit lines.

Ah Ha!  This might explain the difference for me. I have 2 collection accounts that are paid in full. This is from the CK explanation of Vantage Score 3:

Collections accounts that have been reported as paid in full will no longer factor into your VantageScore calculation. While paid collections accounts can still remain on your report for up to seven years, the decision to not count them in the VantageScore 3.0 model remains a big deal. With this new model, consumers trying to move forward from past mistakes with debt won't be quite so burdened on a score level, at least.

Message 8 of 14
crrredit
Established Contributor

OK, one more observation. While my FICO scores are 100 points lower than Vantage Scores, they both are rated about the same. Right on the border line of Poor/Fair.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's not showing on yours try the beta page... I don't have the Web page but I found it on the Credit in the news Forum
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.