Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma

So, for the heck of it, I signed up for credit karma.  I know it doesnt count for much but my score for them is 700 lol. I would like to lie to myself and believe it to be accurate since Transunion only has two of my baddies left reporting, crossing my fingers for the pending removal of those last two.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma

argghhhh..

My CK score is way off my FICO score.   CK is waaaaayyyy  lower than my FICO.

CK only takes into account the AAoA of open accounts, and only factors in monthlies for 24 months.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Shogun. It would be nice if it were higher but I would rather be low balled than to get my hopes up for higher!  My Eq FICO is 691 and it is showing a baddie, paid charge off from 2008, that was already removed from transunion. Im just not sure if its worth buying the TU Fico from here since its such an old version.

Message 3 of 13
jcrsmom
Contributor

Well at least it gives you an idea of the difference.  That way if the fako goes up, chances are your fico did.

Current EX Score: 760

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up for it so I am not sure what sort of bumps have occurred.  Im just trying to appease myself until I break down and buy my TU FICO from here lol.

Message 5 of 13
jcrsmom
Contributor

I've been on KC for awhile now.  Of course the score isn't accurate but hopefully when something updates it does on your fico too.

Current EX Score: 760

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY CK score is WAY off from my FICO however I like to use CK to moitor when my accounts report, any HPs, major changes, etc etc.  For me, this comes in handy Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I noticed that CK has changed to follow suit with Credit.com and now only gives a FAKO once a month.  My CK score was going up about a point a week...although fake it still gives you that little jolt of achievement.  But then it flatlined for several weeks and then a few days ago it said under the score that it would be refreshed ob 3/11.  I have 2 baddies supposed to drop this month if they don't have to wait for the extra 180 day after 7 year rule.  Plus I got a new CC which dropped my score by 2 points (no biggie) and I charged on it today for the first time.  So I'm hoping I get some good bounces.....haven't had any for a while. 

For me waiting is the hardest part....

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 8 of 13
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@signguy17 wrote:

I noticed that CK has changed to follow suit with Credit.com and now only gives a FAKO once a month.

Where do you see that? I'm still getting those nice daily updates from CK. I think there'd be a loud howl if they went to a once-a-month model.

Message 9 of 13
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I just looked on the site and it wasn't there but I have their mobile app and it says right under my score.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.