Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management LP - Datapoint for the group

tag
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Credit Management LP - Datapoint for the group

As I mentioned in another thread, I am helping my wife get her credit house in order.  Her FICO 8 From TU is 659, I don't have her other scores yet as I only paid for mine.  We know she has one BADDIE from before we were married, it is a medical expense that was neglected, only $81 so I figured we would just see about doing a PTD, otherwise it would be on her credit until 2023.  

We contacted Credit Management LP, they claim to have a strict no-deletion policy.  They will provide us documentation of PIF but won't do PTD and claimed they can't do a goodwill deletion.  They are going to have a supervisor call me tomorrow to discuss, I doubt the answer will change and they have the upper-hand here, but at least I can feel better for trying.  

I wonder if after PIF a Goodwill deletion letter would do any good.  Honestly should have taken care of this awhile ago.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Management LP - Datapoint for the group

You could try googling the HIPPA method for getting the collection removed.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
sxa001
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Thank you for the information.  I don't see anything on the report that discloses the nature of the treatment or anything that would be in violaion of HIPPA.  I did some searching on this site, and it sounds like a few have had success with sending in GW letters after the fact.  If we can't get it removed it will just be a bummer to have to wait until 2023 when it should fall off.  Really wold like to see us get her scores in the good range to give us more flexibility moving forward. 

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@sxa001 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Thank you for the information.  I don't see anything on the report that discloses the nature of the treatment or anything that would be in violaion of HIPPA.  I did some searching on this site, and it sounds like a few have had success with sending in GW letters after the fact.  If we can't get it removed it will just be a bummer to have to wait until 2023 when it should fall off.  Really wold like to see us get her scores in the good range to give us more flexibility moving forward. 

It's not really about the way they're reporting, moreso about loopholes as to how they obtained collection authority wherein they could have possibly committed a violation. But I digress, as it can't be discussed on here anyway.

A few other options. courtesy of @gdale6 :

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.