Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Advise

So I have learned that Credit One is very sneaky. A few weeks ago, I received an offer for an additional card w/ a limit of $800 (not guaranteed but at least $500) and a $60 annual fee, to which I just laughed at of-course. I am trying to get rid of Credit One, not get into more debt w/ them! Anyways, it was about a month and I guess they thought they would put a little pressure on me and gave me a 12 or 8 hours to accept alert or loose it. I ignored them. Then today I got a notice that now the offer has increased to $1500 (not guaranteed but at least $500) and $0 annual fee for the first year, then $39 after. My now- credit- conscience self just can't help but feel but very annoyed. These companies, or perhaps just Credit One, seem to seriously not care about the consumers. I guess offers like these would seem good to some people but for others, these offers are nothing but traps. Well, thank you for listening. Just my thoughts.

Dracarys! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit One Advise

I don't think it's sneaky. They're just doing what any other company would do. A store might give you a bigger percentage off in a follow up email or maybe give you free shipping. Amex will double a sign up bonus. It's just business. What IS sneaky is stating that you now have a chance at a $1500 limit when all they're gonna do is give you the $500 like they would have the first time.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like they just want to collect a fee.  Why offer a second card and not just a CLI?

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hopefully soon you can apply for a unsecured card and run as far away from CrapOne (Not Cap1) as far as you can. You posted no history. Have you tried any pre quals like Cap1? Post some stats and see if the gang can help you get freed from their predatory grasp!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Hopefully soon you can apply for a unsecured card and run as far away from CrapOne (Not Cap1) as far as you can. You posted no history. Have you tried any pre quals like Cap1? Post some stats and see if the gang can help you get freed from their predatory grasp!

So here it goes:  Open

Ally Financial:           $71,000 Installment Current Opened on 8/1/18

Amex Charge Card: $4552 Revolving Current Opened on 4/1/18

Credit One:                $259/$550 (47% Usage) Revolving Cuttent Opened on 12/1/16

Discover It:                $444/$800 (56% Usage) Revolving Current Opened on 6/1/18

Fed Loan Serv:         $68,900 Intallment Opened on 6/1/16 (actually opened 2005, the loan is now on deferment)

GM Financial: $32,000 Installment Opened on 6/1/17---- Past Due 30 days 4/18

Macys: $500/$600 (83% Usage) Revolving Current Opened on 7/1/18

Credit Union: $5790 Installment Current Opened on 5/1/18

Closed Accounts

Capital One Auto:  Installment Paid Opened 6/1/17 Closed 8/31/18-----Traded car and went w/ Ally Financial new bank loan

Capital One: $750 Revolving Paid Opened 11/1/16 Closed 9/16/18----- messed up during Hurricane =(

Capital One: $1000 Revolving Paid Opened 6/1/16 Closed 9/16/18------messed up during Hurricane =(

Premier:        $350 Charge Off- Paid Opened 9/1/08 Closed 8/31/14

Syncb/Amazon:     $800 Charge Off- Opened 3/1/13 Closed 3/1/14

Syncb/Care Credit: $1000 Charge Off- Opened 10/1/12 Closed 7/1/13

Collections

The General Insurance $175 Placed in Collections 8/1/18

Inquiries: 30; x2 will be removed 12/18, the newest ones will be removed 8/20

Score: Experian 628

Goals: 1. Pay off the recent collection

2. Do not apply for any cards until 2020!

3. Never get behind again

4. Get rid of one of my auto payments- to qualify for a home loan in 2-3 yrs or have co-signer

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.