cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank & LVNV FUNDING LLC Letter Included -help and suggestions! Please

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Credit One Bank & LVNV FUNDING LLC Letter Included -help and suggestions! Please

Hello everyone!  

I called LVNV and spoke to an agent and requested a deletion if I paid account in full, after receiving a settlement letter. The agent stated they did not have the authority to delete anything because they did not own the debt and were contracted to collect the debt only. Not sure how true this is because they are reporting on all 3 bureaus even though she claims they aren't. She suggested calling Credit One to see If they would recall the debt and fulfill the PIF request and delete. 

So I sent 4 different emails, each one with a different response and I offered a different reply and suggestion each time, even requested they recall the debt and accept my full payment. They sent me a email each time saying no, and sent me the following letter with copies of statements and payments I made and missed. They included the full history since I started the account. 

My question is what's my next step? What do you suggest? I can pay LVNV but according to the agent on the phone they won't delete even if I pay because they do not owned the debt. So if I pay LVNV do I send a GW letter to both?  

Thank you in advance!ccpic1.jpgccpic2.jpg

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit One Bank & LVNV FUNDING LLC Letter Included -help and suggestions! Please

If Credit One will not recall collection before you pay, your best best is to pay LVNV and get it over it 

What they told you is probably right, they do not own the debt but are "contracted" to collect on Credit One's behalf in exchange for percentage of the payment. 

If you pay, getting GW removal from LVNV will be close to impossible, their reporting will stay, even if you somehow got Credit One to GW CO

So, only a couple of options here  

Pay collection and be done

Continue with asking politely (do not "request") Credit One recalls collection, pay them directly, then even more politely start GW campaign. 

Regardless of what you chose to do , do not dispute, they obviously have all the information needed to verify the debt 

Good luck 

Message 2 of 9
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank & LVNV FUNDING LLC Letter Included -help and suggestions! Please

@Remedios wrote:

If Credit One will not recall collection before you pay, your best best is to pay LVNV and get it over it 

What they told you is probably right, they do not own the debt but are "contracted" to collect on Credit One's behalf in exchange for percentage of the payment. 

If you pay, getting GW removal from LVNV will be close to impossible, their reporting will stay, even if you somehow got Credit One to GW CO

Continue with asking politely (do not "request") Credit One recalls collection, pay them directly, then even more politely start GW campaign. 

Regardless of what you chose to do , do not dispute, they obviously have all the information needed to verify the debt 

Good luck 

Thank you! I will try to politely ask a couple more times, then if they continue to say no, I will just bite the bullet and pay the debt. Fingers-crossed!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had some of the same issues with them along with many others after I had some health problems a few years ago.

(Mod cut - this cannot be discussed on here.  Please refer to the following myFICO guidelines

No this isn’t a plug for them but I had called, emailed, and mailed and did everything I could to settle with LVNV and I got the same response: we can’t delete anything .. which isn’t true.

Every company that reports to the credit bureaus has a universal indicator form that they can send in that has a delete box right in it.

I tried very hard with many companies to pay my debt after I got back on my feet as long as they deleted the negative information. Only two creditors did so.

The rest were deleted for violating FCRA reporting rules, including Credit One and LVNV Funding.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 9
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Good luck 

Credit One no longer owns the account.

The letter says that “Credit One Bank no longer has a financial interest in this account” and “All debt collection communications from Credit One Bank regarding this credit card ceased when the account was sold to the above-listed third-party agency.”  

LVNV might be collecting for Resurgent.

Message 5 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It makes no difference, but it's Resurgent that collects on behalf of LVNV

LVNV (debt buyer) buys debt in bulk, then "subcontracts" other collection agencies to collect on their behalf in exchange for payment percentage.  

They use Resurgent mostly for CC and medical debt.

Message 6 of 9
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

It makes no difference, but it's Resurgent that collects on behalf of LVNV

LVNV (debt buyer) buys debt in bulk, then "subcontracts" other collection agencies to collect on their behalf in exchange for payment percentage.  

They use Resurgent mostly for CC and medical debt.

So should I contact resurgent? Or don't bother and just pay and goodwill it?

Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'll back up what @Remedios said. Your not going to get anywhere with LVNV. Just pay it so it quits reporting each month. Paid is better than owed in the eyes of future creditors. Fix the present so the future looks better. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Resurgent is who you'd be paying to  because they are collecting on behalf of  LVNV 

As far as PFD from them, it's almost impossible. 

You cant keep trying if you wish, I would not expect too much from it, though. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.