Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One CLI recon?

tag
brad0502
Contributor

Credit One CLI recon?

Has anyone tried to recon credit one on the initial CL? Not sure if they will consider or what they start you off with is what you get. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One CLI recon?

When I had a Credit One card (I cancelled both of them last summer - finally! Those along with four other sub-primes...), the only way that I ever got an increased SL with them was to call them and tell them that I was going to cancel.

They are more than likely not in the business of reconciliations. Just my thought...

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received a few auto CLI's with Credit One.

If I am not mistaken I started at $1,000 and now have a $2,250 limit andhoping now that it's PIF I will get another auto CLI.

I know they are evil with horrible customer service and they charge interest from the date of the transaction.  With that said I have no annual fee, it's one of my older trade lines since BK and my interest rate is not terrible at around 21%.  (Those of you with 850 scores don't need to laugh out loud and say ha I have 8% interest on my million dollar limit Amex black).  Now that it's PIF I am going to keep it open hoping for auto CLI's and charge 1 lunch a month so maybe I'll pay 15-20 cents a month in interest.

It's crazy in that my Care Credit $10,800 limit is almost as much as all my Visa/MC combined.

My last CLI was weird they sent me a check to deposit and if I did they raised my limit by $250 and the check was considered a cash advance (possibly higher interest rate).

Now my scores are decent 673-686 FICO 8 but my highest limit Visa/MC/Discover is my Discover with a $2,400 limit this is a close 2nd with $2,250 limit.  Perhaps when my Barclays or Discover limit increases enough I'll close this card.

Message 3 of 9
BossyBT
Established Member

Dont mean ti hijack...

@njcobra10tha
So would you say your experience with Credit One hasnt been horrible? Im rebuilding and have read so many horror stories, but feel like due to my subprime status I have very few options without putting up money on a secured card. After spending so much money to pay off a maxed card and settle collections items I just want to start saving again but also need to get 2 other credit lines added and would rather do it now and take the hit than later
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brad0502 wrote:

Has anyone tried to recon credit one on the initial CL? Not sure if they will consider or what they start you off with is what you get. 

Why would you even bother reconning? 

Message 5 of 9
kiea
Frequent Contributor

I have had the card for about a year and a half now and I haven't had any issues. I have been carrying a balance on the card lately but I noticed each time I pay in full and the statement closes with a 0 balance they increase my credit limit by $250.00.
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have nothing good or bad to say about Credit One.

I started with a lower limit not sure think it was $1,000.

Now it's $2,250.

I have no annual fee, my interest rate is 21.5% but they do charge interest the day of the purchase.

So if I charge $1,000 Jan 1 and PIF when I get my statement Jan 20 I just paid 20 days interest on that.

I have never called customer service.

With a $2,250 line and no annual fee I'll keep it open until my other Visa/MC/Discovers grow to a high enough limit.

Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@brad0502 wrote:

When rebuilders like myself back when are getting CLI's its like the big dogs getting the top tier card approvals. Its a victory. Makes you feel like your making progress no matter what the name is on the piece of plastic. Did you forget when you first started? Your first CLI? No difference. People recon for everything. Rebuild banks to top banks. Some successful some not.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@brad0502 wrote:

When rebuilders like myself back when are getting CLI's its like the big dogs getting the top tier card approvals. Its a victory. Makes you feel like your making progress no matter what the name is on the piece of plastic. Did you forget when you first started? Your first CLI? No difference. People recon for everything. Rebuild banks to top banks. Some successful some not.

As a matter of fact, I have forgetten my first CLI.   Smiley Indifferent

Be that as it may, my point is simply this: Its a rebuilder card. It serves a purpose, and once you get better cards with better limits, most people (certainly here on this forum) will eventually close the account(s). So why bother expending any extra effort growing those cards? Then again, I'm not much into reconning anyways. Discover has turned down my requests way more than approved them, and when they do feel charitable, its generally $300. Likewise Capital One. They've even given me the asinine reason of "payments made are too low". Hmmm I've made $2000 and $3000 purchases and paid in full. Never carried a balance. How much more can I pay you?? But whatever, I've never felt the need to recon and beg. Anyways, I'm rambling...

I'm willing to admit i am totally wrong. Maybe there's even a large contingent of folks thinking they will cli their rebuilders to 5k, 10k...50k and beyond. I wish them well! I'm all for responsible people getting as much credit as possible. I just don't understand it with these particular cards. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.