Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Deleted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Deleted!

Hi everyone. So just wanted to be part of the club and say my credit one charge off was deleted after emailing a GW letter. I googled the presidents email address and emailed on 6/2 The next day (6/3) I got an email from the presidents office saying they have received my request and will contact me in 7-10 business days. Well Friday 6/5 I got a myfico alert saying an account was deleted from Transunion. It was Credit One!

I settled the collections with LVNV and waiting for it to be deleted as well. But after the Charge off being deleted, my myfico scores have not changed. But when I look at credit karma, they decreased by like 15 points but I know credit karma uses different scoring model, would that be why? I do have a couple other old charge offs and 4 collections left (after lvnv is deleted). I actually got my utl down to 50% from 98%, so my experian went up to 570 this morning (from 550), but that is on the experian site, not on myfico.

But even if my score doesn't go up from the removal, I am just happy it's off and will not hurt my credit for the next 7 years!

14 REPLIES 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Deleted!

That always feels good!

Congrats on the removal success!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 15
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone. So just wanted to be part of the club and say my credit one charge off was deleted after emailing a GW letter. I googled the presidents email address and emailed on 6/2 The next day (6/3) I got an email from the presidents office saying they have received my request and will contact me in 7-10 business days. Well Friday 6/5 I got a myfico alert saying an account was deleted from Transunion. It was Credit One!

I settled the collections with LVNV and waiting for it to be deleted as well. But after the Charge off being deleted, my myfico scores have not changed. But when I look at credit karma, they decreased by like 15 points but I know credit karma uses different scoring model, would that be why? I do have a couple other old charge offs and 4 collections left (after lvnv is deleted). I actually got my utl down to 50% from 98%, so my experian went up to 570 this morning (from 550), but that is on the experian site, not on myfico.

First off, congrats on the GW success! Very nice.

We are frankly unsure of the exact behaviour of COs on scores because of how penal a CO is. I say "we" because I was tryng to use my credit profile to determine how penal they are over in the FICO scoring forum. A CO is the worst derog that isn't a public record, so I'm frankly not surprised that you wouldn't see an immediate score boost deleting 1 when you have others - especially if it wasn't actively reporting. Having open CAs further complicates it. To really understand the delete of a CO score wise, we would need to isolate it as a discrete event on your credit profile - not an easy task!

Be careful with your Util percentages as sites like CK will fool you into thinking that only your open revolvers count. They don't factor in past due debt like old COs that are reporting a balance, but the scoring algos definitely do.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the deletion! How soon after you paid LVNV did you send the GW email to Credit One?

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @TheKid2 ! And that is something I did not know. Thanks for the information. I did not know those past due CO's are factored into that as well. So once those are paid in collections, will those CO's update or are they supposed to? Because I am currenty on a payment plan with LVNV for Fingerhut. The charge off is like 4 years old. The collections balance updates, but the charge off is still being reported. 

Message 5 of 15
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @TheKid2 ! And that is something I did not know. Thanks for the information. I did not know those past due CO's are factored into that as well. So once those are paid in collections, will those CO's update or are they supposed to? Because I am currenty on a payment plan with LVNV for Fingerhut. The charge off is like 4 years old. The collections balance updates, but the charge off is still being reported. 

It depends on the arrnagement with the CA. Is the OC account that is CO reporting a balance? Does it have any remarks? If that OC is $0 balance, then you should just work towards getting the CA settled/deleted. Then you could potentially GW it off like the Cred One.

JOINED 4/2020

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks! I paid the collections online with LVNV/Resurent on 5/18. They automatically delete collections after paid in full or settled, so I am waiting for that to be deleted. The balance was $630 and I settled using their online navigator so to speak for $314. The collections is was about 6 months old. I emailed Credit One on 6/2. I am not sure if they really check to see if it is paid or not. In the email, I included my account number and mailing address. I did not write anything long or used a template. I simply just said thank you for giving me the opportunity (Which I ment) and why I fell behind and asked if they could do a goodwill delete. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheKid2 It is showing a $0 bal, Webbank/Fingerhut. The remarks say "Transferred to another lender or claim purchased. Purchased by another lender." Now that I am looking at it (on experian) it shows updated on May 1, 2015. The collection is Portfolio Recovery, which I settled and am making payments right now. That will be deleted once I am done. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good. I will definitely be shooting them an email today. I'm going to test to see if they care about it actually being paid to the CA. LVNV is next up on our rebuild, so I'm curious if they will delete before payment.

Message 9 of 15
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheKid2 It is showing a $0 bal, Webbank/Fingerhut. The remarks say "Transferred to another lender or claim purchased. Purchased by another lender." Now that I am looking at it (on experian) it shows updated on May 1, 2015. The collection is Portfolio Recovery, which I settled and am making payments right now. That will be deleted once I am done. 

OK - good. That CO is not counting against your Util then and you can focus on the CA with PRA (they are really good about deleting from my experience).

JOINED 4/2020

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.