Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Deletion Successful!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Deletion Successful!

I've been looking at a lot of older threads about people successfully negotiating a deletion with Credit One through email, I so I figured I'd try my luck since mine had been charged off, paid in full, and was still reporting non-payment every month due to that 2 year reporting policy.

• Jan. 6th @9:30pm - Emailed a GW deletion letter to Credit One's customer service manager
  • Jan. 7th @1:01pm - Received a reply from "Presidential" that read: "This office has received your request. We will respond to your request by email within 3-5 business days"
  • Jan 11th @ 5:51pm - Received another email from "Presidential" that directed me to read the attachment and it was a hastily scanned letter (crooked and off-center) from the office of the president stating that as a courtesy my tradeline would be deleted!

I am very pleasently surprised at the quick turn around of these emails and encourage others to do the same. Obviously it's too early for me to tell whether they are going to delete it without fuss or not but I have it in writing on the letterhead of the office of the president, so I'm not worried and will update this thread accordingly.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Deletion Successful (?)

UPDATE: I actually just pulled my experian report from their website to dispute something unrelated and the Credit One account was no where to be seen!

Message 2 of 32
amanda1593

Re: Credit One Deletion Successful (?)

Awesome to hear! I need to do the same thing!

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Deletion Successful!

Can you send me the GW customer service manager email please? 

also, I don't know how to check private messages on here, please advise

~HEATHER

Message 4 of 32
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The envelope will turn red top of page.

Message 5 of 32
mmajer4211
Regular Contributor

I did the exact same thing and got a different response from the same "Presidential" email. They told me it was reporting correctly and moved on. I immediately sent a different GW letter to the same email address and got a response today that they will respond within 3-5 business days.

MASSIVE OVERHALL (48) MONTHS IN

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind PMing me the email address you used Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 32
FicoJordan
Valued Member

Congrats! hi can you please inbox me this email?  Thanks

Obstacles are things you see when you take your eyes off your goals
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Information sent out.

Message 9 of 32
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Can you inbox me too?  Thanks!

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.