Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Success!!

Small Victories....my motto as of lately!

I've been on a mission the past year and a half to get my wife and I in the 700's and this CO from Credit One was just holding my wife back hardcore. Credit One sold the debt to LVNV Funding back in 2016 and my wife settled with them in 2017. Fast forward to a few months ago and husband to the rescue....filed a dispute with Credit One but they refused to budge. They sold the debt and stated that since the payment wasn't with them that they couldn't and wouldn't update anything. So there it sat...big red letters on all 3 CRA's "negative"...

I've read the posts about sending an email explaining the situation to the president/CEO of some of these lenders and that's exactly what I did. Last Friday I had my wife send the email and within 2 hours she had received a message from the head of HR at Credit One stating that they would investigate and get back to us within 5 business days.. 

2 days ago received a detailed email laying out exactly what happened on their end. The letter started out with something along the lines of them not having any financial interests so I wasn't too sure what the outcome was going to be. The letter finished with "as a courtesy, we will be initiating removal from all 3 CRA's and to give it 30-90 days!!!

Today I checked her scores and she is up 40 points for all 3 CRA's.... (she has a thin file) only 2 days post reply!

She is now a few points from having "good" credit in 8 years and I couldn't be happier. She actually thanked me and apologized for always getting so angry when I'm on the MYFICO forums reading and researchingSmiley Happy

Just wanted to share my success in the hopes that it will point someone else in the right direction or push them over the edge if they are considering something similar!!

Thanks MYFICO!

6 REPLIES 6
LandoCredrissian
New Contributor

Re: Credit One Success!!

Nice job. I particularly liked the 2nd to last paragraph. lol

Message 2 of 7
HR530
Established Member

Congratulation to you and your wife. That's a amazing story.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job, keep up the good work. Nothing like getting a "you were right honey" from the wife!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I, too, recently got credit one to remove TWO charge offs! And my husband just got them to remove his charge off as well. Just out of curiosity, when your wife paid LVNV did they remove the collection account from her CR?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! I, too, recently got credit one to remove TWO charge offs! And my husband just got them to remove his charge off as well. Just out of curiosity, when your wife paid LVNV did they remove the collection account from her CR?

So... In theory and I'm under the impression there should never be "both" reporting on a credit report. Meaning, Credit One and a collection agency both reporting a delinquincy. 

My wife received written correspondance from LVNV and she handled it through them. Credit One was the only derogatory regarding the accont. Our train of thought was by paying the CA it would be updated with Credit One but that wasnt the case and acutally it worked out for the better as it is now totally removed completely. The original lender and the CA are GOOONNNNEEE!!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usuallt the charge off and the CA both report. It sounds like you guys paid LVNV before they reported though so you got it settled early. I, however, let it go too long so I did have both reporting. Now only LVNV and they aren’t working with me Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.