Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One denial gw letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One denial gw letter

Hello,
So today I received a letter by mail, in response to my email goodwill letter, stating Credit one is unable to honor my trade line request. Myfico scores haven't changed, credit karma is giving me odd scores but not worried since myfico is still ok. It really stinks since many others had success with their first letters. I asked for a goodwill adjustment to the 150+ late payment from a year ago. Does anyone have a direct mailing address or tips for sending another one? Should I alter the goodwill letter I sent a little? It was due to a legitimate medical reason that I didn't provide details about. Still waiting to hear from my credit union, comenity bank and fingerhut(not too optimistic about fingerhut).

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One denial gw letter

E-Mail the CEO of CreditOne.   If you mail a letter to the general address all you will receive is a blanket letter reply.

If you google search the creditone ceo email address you should find it.

His Secretary will get back to you within a day.  They will say they will mail you a response in the mail.  If they honor your request you will see the change before you receive the letter.  It will be on thick heavy paper so you know someone personaly took time to look at your problem.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed the CEO with my first good will letter two weeks ago. I just received the denial letter via mail after their 'investigation into the tradeline'. They said after review, they were unable to do so since it's reporting accurately and so on. It's for a 150+ day late payment that is preventing me from obtaining the mortgage loan I would really like to get. Are there any other email addresses you know of that I could send it to? Maybe tweek the letter a little?
Message 3 of 11
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Isn't a 150+ a charge off?

I would try again, and again.  Try mailing a letter in to the address on the letter.  You need to make a case, one that is believable.

I E-Mailed the CEO ad I mailed the same letter to General Mailing.  CEO mail's me a letter saying its off my reports, and customer service mails me a letter 2 weeks after saying after an investigation, they found my accounts are reporting correctly on my credit reports and it can not be changed, and they have to decline my request. 

What is wrong with the last paragraph?  I think customer service picked the E-Mail up and it didn't get into the right hands, and you got what I like to call a blanket letter.  What I call a blanket letter is, its a letter that gets sent out by default automatically.  It makes it sound like they tried, they looked into it, but guess what, they did not and slapped a NO on it as soon as they seen the word DELETE or REMOVE.

What was wrong with that paragraph was, they told me they investigated.  Sound faimilar?  Keep in mind they investigated 2 weeks after the Executive Offices decided to delete my TL.  If they would of investigated, they would of seen that it was taken care of and reported that it was already removed as a result of their investigation.

I got the same BLANKET letter from Capital One from wanting a CO removed.  In this case, what was reported now does not match a credit report I have from 2011 of the aging status and the aging statuses are different between reports now.  Capital One did no soft pulls from any of my credit reports, but yet they claim my TL is reporting accurately between the credit bureaus.  How would they know this with out pulling a soft pull to verify?

As a result, I call BS if a GW response is denied and was "investigated".

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind sending me your gw letter (of course without your contact info and name) so I can alter mine before I send another email today? Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent another 'gentle' goodwill letter to the email address and was told to refer to the original letter they sent via mail for their response to my request. Really disheartening. Not sure what to do at this point. Is there another corporate employee, other than Kim that I can get ahold of to submit my request? Or just wait another 30 days?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

is the account closed? is the amount of good payment time really helping your score more than the 150+ is killing your chance for a mortage?

If its closed, was it paid? if its paid, maybe write the CEO via e-mail and ask to remove your account from your report.  I recently paid all of my collections and most of them have either been removed by pay for delete deals, disputing with the agencies or goodwill letters.

I infact wrote the ceo via e-mail very sincerely explaining my situation that I am shopping for a new vehicle, my charged off account was paid to midland (included a copy of reciept to midland) and asked for any help they could provide.  Two weeks later it falls off all 3 reports and i get a +15 point average FICO8 (not creditkarma) bump on my scores since the status of un-paid charge off was killing me.  May be worth considering, dont know your entire situation.  Only trying to help, getting top secret clearance might be easier than getting a mortgage LOL.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the account is closed at this point. They charge ridiculous fees, even when you don't use it. I paid it off and then closed it before it was sent to collections about a year ago. At that time, between this account and two others, my score dropped nearly 200 points into the 400s. I have been able to get it back to my score before that happened (medical emergency), but at that time, I had an extremely high utilization too.

I emailed the CEO explaining my situation at that time and if they would remove it. They denied my request and denied any further contact via email. It's really odd why I was shut down like that. At this point, I'm trying to find a good mailing address as Im not sure it's appropriate to go around the secretary that responded to me.

My comenity bank accoint is really killing my score. It is still reporting as a revolving account when it was settled almost a year ago. Just waiting for them to report correctly before i can hopefully prequalify. My lender said that the Credit One account can also affect my chances of becoming pre-qualified. Not sure if he was hoping both would be resolved but we will see I guess. Thank you!
Message 8 of 11
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm in the same boat with credit one.
Message 9 of 11
UpUpUpwards

After searching this board along with a few others, I decided to try the GW letter with Credit One CEO Robert DeJong. I emailed him this past Sunday and Monday morning I woke up to a response from his office saying they received the message and would be in touch. Today (Tuesday) I received another email from his office around 5pm thanking me for contacting them and there was an attached letter saying they would remove the charge off tradeline as a courtesy and to look for changes to my report within 60 days. It literally took less than 48 full hours to get a response saying they would remove the tradeline. The charge-off happened in 2016 so it's only two years old. 

The letter I sent basically said I was having a tough time (unemployment, illness, etc. All of which is true). I also apologized a few times and made it a point to say twice that the account was paid with the collection agency. I also mentioned how the removal of this account would make a huge difference in my life. I tried to be occasionally self-deprecating too, which I was hoping would amuse them. Overall the letter wasn't anything special and was very straightforward and to the point. 

Good luck!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.