cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Protection Assocation.. help please!

tag
karaguy

Credit Protection Assocation.. help please!

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker here...thanks for all the help so far.  I was recently made aware of an account I have with CPA for a past due comcast bill I was never aware of!  I talked to comcast and the representative told me that upon paying they notify CPA that the debt is not valid, hopefully resulting in a CL removal.  I was thinking I would take it into my own hands and send them a GW via mail and email.  I sent out a GW letter to them today, but was not able to find an email address for them.

Does anyone have this information by any chance?  A PM would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TenaciousRebuilder
New Contributor

Re: Credit Protection Assocation.. help please!

I don't have an address for CPA but, for what it's worth, I have a 3+ year old collection from Comcast via CPA. I paid Comcast directly at the end of July (2013) and they also told me it should be deleted from my CR's.

I've been getting real itchy about expediting the collection removal so I impulsively started an online dispute with EX 10 days ago (I should have sent a written dispute with CMRRR). I left a message for Comcast collections last night to see if they have notified CPA yet. I will post an update if anything happens.

Message 2 of 3
TenaciousRebuilder
New Contributor

Re: Credit Protection Assocation.. help please!

So I called Comcast on my home from work. I was hoping to see if I could get them to 1) recall the colllection (ideally), 2) have them get CPA to report as paid in full or 3) at least find out what, if anything, has been done on their end.

After I explained the situation, the collections representative put me on hold and said his manager advised him that Comcast could only transfer me to Credit Protection Association and I would have to speak with them - but I would have to do that tomorrow since it was after their business hours. He did not tell me whether or not CPA had been notified of the payment either.

I guess I call back tomorrow and have them transfer me to CPA. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me an idea of how to proceed from here. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.