Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Rebuild 2018 Help with FPB and Convergent

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Rebuild 2018 Help with FPB and Convergent

Hello All,

Been luring around for a couple days now and I finally decided to sign up and share my progress on my credit rebuild with everyone. I just recently started my credit rebuild June 2018 and I am looking for all advice to help clear my deragotories and strengthen my score.

This was my report as the start of last month, along with an updated report.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PC0QMjCArEy0laR3h9kzXt4PDxuGNOlmPNTwG5HuOcs/edit?usp=sharing

I am currently in the process of trying to get the Convergent - T-Mobiles PFD. After reaching out to Convergent for a PFD, they refused and claimed that T-Mobile did not allow them to remove any type of reporting. I have reached directly out to T-Mobile and they agreed a PIF to delete off the report, however could not provide any documentation stating so. I am willing to do a PIF, but I am worried that they wont delete because they are not the ones reporting. Should I take their word without documentation and hope for the best?

Also after doing research on the forums I have seen other members have good luck with First Premier getting deleted off their report due to inconsistent information between the three credit buereas. I have also sent a direct dispute with them thru an email I have found through the forums and to their CEO, however it has now been two weeks without a response. Is there any other email addresses I can reach out to?

I appreciate all and any post with advice to help clear my report or help strengthen my score.

Thanks,

CreditRebuild2018

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Rebuild 2018

bump

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an email from experian stating that both PRA account were removed from my report due to incorrect information.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

T-Mobiles - Convergent Outsourcing

Hey all,

I currently have a T-Mobile collections thru Convergent Outsourcing with the DOFD 10/12 that I’ve been tried to get deleted of my report. It’ll drop off soon however I would like to just have it removed sooner rather than later. Convergent states that they are not able to do a PFD on the account. However reaching out to T-Mobile directly they state I can pay the account in full with them and they will recall Convergent which will lead to a deletion of the deragotory from my report. They can’t provide anything in writing stating it will be deleted. Can anyone provide some insight on what I should do? Should I just PIF with out anything in writing? Does anyone have any previous experience with a situation like this? If I pay in full will I be able to dispute with CRAs that the debt was settled with OC?

Thanks for everyone who can assist.
Message 4 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

T-mo will recall the debt from Convergent and willl delete if you PIF to T-Mo

You won't get it in writing. It may take 30+ days to dissapear from CRA..

Usually T-mo makes good on this..

-J

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

joltdue thank you for your input I will call them to day to pay off and dispute the convergent collection since itll be PIF.

Another another note I looked at my CK yesterday and it shows my transunion going from 605 to 495.

Biggest changes were:

Autotrakk went from close to open, with a zero balance to a $6573 balance. Should i dispute to change it to closed since the account is closed?

Both PRA collection account were deleted off.

CCS was deleted off per PFD agreement.

Professional Beurea of Collections went from 3808 balance to 1904 balance. However this should of been deleted of per PFD agreement, currently in dispute.

Slightly frustrated, started with 5-6 collections on transunion and Im now down to 1 but my score is now lower than when i first started. Can anyone put some input why its much lower than before? Why the 110 point drop?

So far ive manage to removed

Message 6 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

You dont have to/shouldn't dispute the Convergent collection yet...

When Tmo gets paid, they will recall the debt (Since they are the OC and will be responsible for the debt)  and since convergent no longer owns the debt.... it should be deleted.. 

If they screw up in a month or so, you can dispute the convergent debt since they no longer own the debt.. since Tmo recalled it...

If you want the PIF... you call TMO and don't do anything with Convergent... YOU DONT DISPUTE IT... 

You let T-MO deal with it... disputing it wont likely make it faster...

A possible reason for your FAKEO scores dropping is while an account is in dispute, its removed from the report and not included in your score... untill its decided then it is either deleted, modified, or put back on.... This is also true of FICO btw... 

Disputing it will not likely speed up the process.. and you should not be relying on Karma for scores.. They are fako scores and are so not in the ballpark esp on this kinda issue.. Get some real FICO scores....

-J

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

You dont have to/shouldn't dispute the Convergent collection yet...

When Tmo gets paid, they will recall the debt (Since they are the OC and will be responsible for the debt)  and since convergent no longer owns the debt.... it should be deleted.. 

If they screw up in a month or so, you can dispute the convergent debt since they no longer own the debt.. since Tmo recalled it...

If you want the PIF... you call TMO and don't do anything with Convergent... YOU DONT DISPUTE IT... 

You let T-MO deal with it... disputing it wont likely make it faster...

A possible reason for your FAKEO scores dropping is while an account is in dispute, its removed from the report and not included in your score... untill its decided then it is either deleted, modified, or put back on.... This is also true of FICO btw... 

Disputing it will not likely speed up the process.. and you should not be relying on Karma for scores.. They are fako scores and are so not in the ballpark esp on this kinda issue.. Get some real FICO scores....

-J

+1 to Joltdude.    Since you have a PDF with T-mo, they will be recalling the debt from convergent, so they will lose collection authority and will have to remove it on there own.  You shouldnt have to do anything.   I had the same thing but with sprint for a collection that wasn't technically (family sucks LOL) mine.   but i paid and they had it all removed.   I didnt have to dispute anything. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

joltdue thank you for your input I will call them to day to pay off and dispute the convergent collection since itll be PIF.

Another another note I looked at my CK yesterday and it shows my transunion going from 605 to 495.

Biggest changes were:

Autotrakk went from close to open, with a zero balance to a $6573 balance. Should i dispute to change it to closed since the account is closed?

Professional Beurea of Collections went from 3808 balance to 1904 balance. However this should of been deleted of per PFD agreement, currently in dispute.

Slightly frustrated, started with 5-6 collections on transunion and Im now down to 1 but my score is now lower than when i first started. Can anyone put some input why its much lower than before? Why the 110 point drop?

Looks like your doing a great job.  Getting PRA removed is like a miracle..  can you tell me how?  

As far as scores, CK is not a real fico score that the lenders actually use.  it's vantage score and honestly worthless.  CK is great for checking accounts and seeing when lenders post your balances to the CB's.  You would want to get your real fico scores, as i have seem some that the VS score is anywhere from +- 50-80 points off your real fico     Credit check total is a good resource  $1 for the first week, you can cancel or keep it.   I have the service here and i really like it as well. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Biggest changes were:

Looks like your doing a great job.  Getting PRA removed is like a miracle..  can you tell me how?  

As far as scores, CK is not a real fico score that the lenders actually use.  it's vantage score and honestly worthless.  CK is great for checking accounts and seeing when lenders post your balances to the CB's.  You would want to get your real fico scores, as i have seem some that the VS score is anywhere from +- 50-80 points off your real fico     Credit check total is a good resource  $1 for the first week, you can cancel or keep it.   I have the service here and i really like it as well. 

Unfortunately I didnt have any special way to remove PRA, I wish i did so i can share it with everyone. I was lucky enough that my free annual credit reports were showing different DOFDs on the account and thats the basis I used for disputing. Signed up for CCT and these are the scores it came up with.

EX 561 TU 482 EQ 541

Also noticed a couple of inconsistent information between the three.

AUTOTRAKK - REPO

TU- Open //No payment history//

EQ- Closed //Account type - Credit Card// Negative payment history up to 7/2018// Car was repossessed back in 2016.

EX- Closed // Negative payment history up to 7/2018// Car was repossessed back in 2016

First Premier - Closed//Charge off

TU- No payment history

EX- Showing one missed payment July

EQ- Showing positive payments for the last 14 months

Is there any basis on the information for disputes above? Also Ive been trying to do online disputes with experian and equifax however it always prompts me with an error and tells me to call them in, is there any way to fix this?

Thanks again guys for all the good info.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.