Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Agencies

tag
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Credit Repair Agencies

Good morning,

Ive been considering signing up for Lexington Law Firms service to see if they could really help me get the negatives off my credit. Has anyone used them and what were the results?

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Repair Agencies

@kd081708 wrote:

Good morning,

Ive been considering signing up for Lexington Law Firms service to see if they could really help me get the negatives off my credit. Has anyone used them and what were the results?

Hi there and welcome! Some people report successes but really the most that they do is dispute a couple things a month over and over hoping that they'll get dropped. You can do everything that they do yourself for free, and you can save that monthly fee that you would be paying them to use on your debts or on opening secured accounts.

You might want to try letting us help you instead. It will take time, but it would take them time too, as they're deliberately slow in order to milk you for those monthly payments.

What is currently on your credit reports? What good things, what bad things, amounts, dates, apr etc. If you're comfortable giving us your profile (with out identifying personal information) we might be able to steer you in the best direction for you.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 43
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

+1
Notfancy is absolutely correct. You can do the exact same things LLF will do...except you can do it for free. I'd put the MODS and people that been on this site for a while against LLF any day and be more confident in the results.
Message 3 of 43
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If your credit repair involves any disputes of inaccurate information, they wont be able to assist you in the filing of any direct disputes.

The direct dispute process has several advantages over disputing via a CRA.

Credit repair organizations are prevented under FCRA 623(a)(8) from assisting in the filing of direct disputes.

The implementing rules for the direct dispute process (16 CFR 660.4 et seq)  go even further by stating that a furnisher can dismiss any direct dispute that shows any inidication of assistance by a CRO in its preparattion, including simply using a form provided by a CRO.

Message 4 of 43
kd081708
Regular Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@kd081708 wrote:

Good morning,

Hi there and welcome! Some people report successes but really the most that they do is dispute a couple things a month over and over hoping that they'll get dropped. You can do everything that they do yourself for free, and you can save that monthly fee that you would be paying them to use on your debts or on opening secured accounts.

You might want to try letting us help you instead. It will take time, but it would take them time too, as they're deliberately slow in order to milk you for those monthly payments.

What is currently on your credit reports? What good things, what bad things, amounts, dates, apr etc. If you're comfortable giving us your profile (with out identifying personal information) we might be able to steer you in the best direction for you.

Thanks for the advice! Something told me I shouldnt do it....I do have discharged bankruptcy that I know isnt going anywhere.  However, on some of my credit reports it says that it was discharged in bankruptcy in the remarks but then it will still say "payment after chargeoff" or something different. Then on one report, It has the number of times I was late. For example, on one of my student loans it says I was late 30 days twice, which I wasnt. I alread disputed this once and it came back as accurate.

Current Score:
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

@randyrhodes wrote:
+1
Notfancy is absolutely correct. You can do the exact same things LLF will do...except you can do it for free. I'd put the MODS and people that been on this site for a while against LLF any day and be more confident in the results.
I agree. Thanks for the advice!

Current Score:
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

@kd081708 wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@kd081708 wrote:

Good morning,

Thanks for the advice! Something told me I shouldnt do it....I do have discharged bankruptcy that I know isnt going anywhere.  However, on some of my credit reports it says that it was discharged in bankruptcy in the remarks but then it will still say "payment after chargeoff" or something different. Then on one report, It has the number of times I was late. For example, on one of my student loans it says I was late 30 days twice, which I wasnt. I alread disputed this once and it came back as accurate.

Send them a letter, or try to reopen the dispute and upload/ fax/ forward your copies of your bankruptcy paperwork. Your accounts should show as discharged through your bankruptcy.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 7 of 43
Bleu
Contributor

Well it's not absolutely free to do it yourself. Wish you people would give an accurate picture. It takes apporx. 48cents and 15 mins of your life to file the same exact dispute any credit repair agency will do. Smiley Happy.  I did my own and have 0 collections on my report. Google a template letter punch in your info and mail it out. That simple. Good luck.

Message 8 of 43
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

I'd pay that 48 cent a lot quicker than I'd pay LLC a hundred bucks a month or whatever they charge. Plus the chance you take of them screwing something up royally that it could take months to straighten out.with that 100 bucks you could send out 48 letters a month and still come out 52 bucks ahead.
Message 9 of 43
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Years ago I tried this for a couple months, a whole lot of not much was accomplished.. You are much better off doing it by yourself.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.