Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair - Insane Medical Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair - Insane Medical Collections

Hello Forum,

I am new to this forum, but I have spent two days reading all of the valuable information that many of you have posted on this forum.  I have had extensive medical problems in the past and, due to this, have lost employment and got delinquent on my bills.  Currently, I am taking steps to repair my credit, but my biggest question is how to deal with my medical creditors.  In my credit report, I have approximately 50 collections entries due to medical bills.  The majority of these collections are held by Absolute Collection Services, Credit Control Corp and Equidata; and range in amount of $3000 each.  However, about half of them will be coming off my credit in the next year while the remaining balances will not come off until. as far as, 2014.  My thought is to try send DFP letters to them for the balances that will remain after next year. 

Please respond if you can provide helpful information on dealing with these creditors or if you believe you know a better course of action.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair - Insane Medical Collections

Nope-
PFD-

If you had insurance, make sure the bills were properly handled by the insurance companies

May want to google "WhyChat letter" 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair - Insane Medical Collections

VA-
Whenever you send PFDs, always send to the OC as well. I have many held by Absolute Collect & I know Absolute's policy is they will delete after pmt, with permission from the OC.

Also, many of your collections, if very new, could still be held by the OC and the CA has just been hired to collect, but hasn't actually bought them outright yet. Calling the OC and speaking to a supervisor in the billing department resulted in getting $1300 in collections deleted for PIF off my report, even after the CA said they could not delete.

I agree w/ your stance of addressing the newest collections first.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.