cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair (Please Help)

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Repair (Please Help)

@GWHilliard7 wrote:
Would you happen to have a copy of a goodwill letter that I can send to the CA.

Yep, just a sec!

The SBC isn't a medical debt is it? If so, there's another entirely different route to take!! Holler and let me know! Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Message 11 of 15
Senior Contributor

For situations where you're asking for a creditor to remove the ugly (this one is currently working it's patootie off for us in regards to a few lates on a car note):

CREDITOR NAME
STREET
CITY, STATE ZIP

Account #

Dear Sir or Madam:

I write to you express my gratitude for your excellent service and to ask if you might be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to TRANSUNION, EQUIFAX and EXPERIAN credit reporting agencies. I am in the process of applying for my first mortgage and your removal of these late payments would assist me in receiving the lowest interest rate available, thereby providing my family with a stable, happy home!

(INSERT PARAGRAPH EXPLAINING CIRCUMSTANCES)

I say this not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness, as I believe the first few years of our payment history denotes a willingness to pay and a good measure of reliability.

I honestly hope that CREDITOR NAME, known for its kindness and compassion, is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports. I know that you have assisted people that have defaulted on their loans by removing the default notation from their credit histories and I think that is a testament to the caliber of employees you hire as well as your emphasis in above-and-beyond the call of duty to your clients when it applies to customer service!

I am not trying to minimize my wrongful conduct - but just emphasizing that although I was going through a difficult financial period, I still made an effort to submit payments instead of just not submitting them at all.

I sincerely hope that you will consider my request ... and I again, wish to express my appreciation for your customer service and your services! I look forward to your reply!

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

Modify this letter to reflect your situation and be sure to outline what goals you have. I think that helps the reader see you as a PERSON rather than just another printed page.

NEXT UP: GW for CAs to delete TLs.

Message 12 of 15
Senior Contributor

COLLECTION AGENCY NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP
Account #

Dear Sir or Madam:

In approximately DATE OF PAYMENT, I was contacted by your company regarding an overdue bill (client: ORIGINAL CREDITOR NAME), in the amount of $XXX.

I am humbly asking that this account be deleted from my credit report. I realize that the fault lies with me and that you are not obligated to delete this tradeline, but I am working diligently to repair my credit and would very much appreciate any goodwill you could possibly bestow upon me!

Again, I humbly appreciate your consideration and again understand that you are under no obligation to delete this account!

With the best of regards!
YOUR NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

Message 13 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Do we have copies of GW letters? HA  and then some...
Message 14 of 15
Regular Contributor

GWHilliard7 wrote:
I need help. I am currently in Iraq and I made up a game plan to pay off and build my credit. Well I have everything payed except my student loans which I am now making monthly payment. My EQ score is 515. Now I'm trying to build my credit a little faster. Since my score is so low I won't be able to get a credit card unless its sucure card. I have no home and no car when I come ack from Iraq and I really don't know what to do. With a low credit score I won't even be able to get a house or an appartment. But I make decent money in the Military. Is there any way I can get my score up and if so can someone please help me.

Message Edited by GWHilliard7 on 07-23-2008 10:53 AM

Not sure what branch you are in, but GOOD NEWS. MCX/NAVEX/AAFES all have credit programs that have been reporting to all 3 CRAs for at least a few years now, I wish they had 20 years ago, but that's another story.

Go to AAFES.com and apply for a Military Star account. Even with lousy credit, I'm fairly sure they HAVE to give you a military clothing account $100/300/500 in that ball park. They will probably also approve you for a regular PX account. This is basically a store card. I would suggest NOT applying for the Military Star MC, that would be a regular MC usable anywhere, but with your scores...

6/16/08 EQ-632
8/1/08 TU-717 EQ-690 EX-696
9/6/08 EQ-711
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.