Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Services

Well put, Gemini. At least right up till you hashtagged...Smiley Frustrated 

What you described is exactly my idea of what these services should offer. I'm not looking for a miracle worker, or something shady/illegal. Just someone to do the tedious, exhaustive task of drafting and mailing letters, and keeping track of said letters and responses. I'd also expect them to be better at it than me; simply because it's their job, and what they do every day. I'd expect them to have a better working knowledge of which approach works best for certain types of debt, certain collection agencies, and each reporting agency. Every situation cannot call for the exact same approach. 

Again, I certainly can do it on my own. I work a lot, and have a number of volunteer responsibilities, so I'd rather not spend the precious little free time I do have buried in paperwork.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really comes down to follow up and how detailed one can be. TU and Exp I have found to be very reasonable but I had Equifax confirming items where the other side admitted were wrong in writing.   For some people writing the letters is just not for them.   

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was seeking for a legit credit repair a while ago , I had tried the usual methods to get back a good credit score .I met a really good mortgage banker who does Home loans for California who introduced me to a Network Engineer <mod edit> that fixed my credit literally overnight , i was down to 500 before i met him, now Now 750.

Sorry denesser, I was looking for success (and failure) stories about actual companies. And, I was hoping to hear from established, reputable MyFICO members. The fact that you signed up today, presumably to only post the one message, seems a little sketchy to me. Plus, I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to solicit business for someone on here...

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kjohn1
In all fairness, I think you may have been mislead regarding the overwhelming MASSIVE amounts of 'paperwork' involved, so much so that your volunteer work would need to be jeopardize 😒

Again, I don't do paid repair anymore but I still know the deal... nobody needs to miss going to the soap kitchen or the Special Olympics based upon the mountain of paperwork behind ONE individual repair process... that's #1 not rain, my friend no matter WHAT 'they' should you, it's NOT rain😓

These companies spend 'minutes' per file, per month and they have dozens and dozens of files, if not more depending on size....so why would you feel you'd need anymore time than them?
Unless, again you do feel less competent than whom you can... which IMO is absolutely valid but if it's ONLY about 'time' and being scared of mountains of paperwork, that's an unwarranted fear.

If one is comfortable that they are competent, the process doesn't require much more than a sitcom worth of time per month and since it's about one's finances and the overall financial health of one's household, with all due respect volunteer responsibilities can not trump keeping and maintaining a proper credit and financial profile.

If that's the case and one makes 20-60 bucks an hour, just sent the charity $60 bucks to hire some cheap labor and use ONE of your valuable hours a month ON yourself and your family's behalf, don't short change yourself

Often, ppl are too busy to participate in recovery but had/have all the time in the world to create/recreate the issue at hand... many times it's best to have a hand in both, so things aren't so foreign, as to NOT get back in the same spot again.

That's why today, I refuse to do clean up w/o clients grabbing a broom themselves and becoming involved in the process....my clients today know, their Momma doesn't work here.

I, Coach but clients must do their own blocking and tackling, throwing and catching else there is no learning, no growth again JMO😇
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look into Select Us. They helped me get a mortgage and their reviews were excellent.  

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried collectionshield360?

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
In all fairness, I think you may have been mislead regarding the overwhelming MASSIVE amounts of 'paperwork' involved, so much so that your volunteer work would need to be jeopardize 😒

Again, I don't do paid repair anymore but I still know the deal... nobody needs to miss going to the soap kitchen or the Special Olympics based upon the mountain of paperwork behind ONE individual repair process... that's #1 not rain, my friend no matter WHAT 'they' should you, it's NOT rain😓

These companies spend 'minutes' per file, per month and they have dozens and dozens of files, if not more depending on size....so why would you feel you'd need anymore time than them?
Unless, again you do feel less competent than whom you can... which IMO is absolutely valid but if it's ONLY about 'time' and being scared of mountains of paperwork, that's an unwarranted fear.

If one is comfortable that they are competent, the process doesn't require much more than a sitcom worth of time per month and since it's about one's finances and the overall financial health of one's household, with all due respect volunteer responsibilities can not trump keeping and maintaining a proper credit and financial profile.

If that's the case and one makes 20-60 bucks an hour, just sent the charity $60 bucks to hire some cheap labor and use ONE of your valuable hours a month ON yourself and your family's behalf, don't short change yourself

Often, ppl are too busy to participate in recovery but had/have all the time in the world to create/recreate the issue at hand... many times it's best to have a hand in both, so things aren't so foreign, as to NOT get back in the same spot again.

That's why today, I refuse to do clean up w/o clients grabbing a broom themselves and becoming involved in the process....my clients today know, their Momma doesn't work here.

I, Coach but clients must do their own blocking and tackling, throwing and catching else there is no learning, no growth again JMO😇

I get what you're saying, Gemini, I really do. But I simply have a different view on it. I have absolutely zero doubt in my ability to learn everything there is to learn about credit, and apply that knowledge to disputing and cleaning my record. I can't say grad school taught me a whole lot of anything useful, but it certainly taught me how to research and how to learn; so learning it and understanding it isn't the problem.

I'd just prefer to spend my time elsewhere. I'm not sure I totally agree with your assessment that if you don't do it yourself, you're somehow in the wrong, or more complicit in the problem; everyone is responsible for there own credit, whether they work on it themselves or outsource it. Sometimes it's perfectly okay to hire somebody to do things you don't want to do, or can't do, for yourself. For example, last month I paid a mechanic to change the timing belt on one of my vehicles. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself (one of my happy places is in the garage, turning wrenches), but I didn't have the inclination. 

I see reputable credit services in the same way I see mechanics, landscapers, housekeepers, et. al. No different than any other service providing business.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kjohn1
I totally agree with the latter position of outsourcing 'certain', especially 'make busy' task like oil changes, painting, landscaping, hair cutting, cleaning, plumbing etc

Things that are more manual, 🍪 cutter in nature that are NOT as VALUABLE as the key to one's financial household.
So while, I'm 💯% in agreement with choices been made, it's just that we differ so which ones are too important to outsource vs those where I feel one needs to be in the driver's seat.

IMO credit & finances get handled with the BEST AVAILABLE asset one has, which is themselves...I don't mind allowing my gardener to be basically the boss and responsible party with regards to crab grass removal and making sure the right trash cans get to the curb for the city,on the correct day....heck even the barber might cut it a little closer than I actually wanted but when it comes to FINANCES....IMO people must be their own Kobe Bryant and make sure the ball is in their own hand.

It's not about KNOWING what to do nor being college educated....it's about having the WILL to continually over time DO the proper ACTIONS that get ppl in trouble or keep them out, all things considered 😋

Very smart ppl, don't need 'repair'​ due to a lack of knowledge nor do not so smart ppl....folks 'need' repair because of lack of follow through, more so

If we are brutally honest, for the most part 'repair' is akin to the defense getting stuff thrown out on technicalities....if we want to be 💯 about the situation.

Most of the bills REALLY were owed, the behavior to get INDEBTED actually happened, yeah the collection agency freaked up but ✋ to God the client legitimately borrowed something, bought something or in someway got themselves in a spot to NOT be able to have met an obligation they created....

Too often because there is a way OUT, folks 'forget' that most of this stuff did NOT come about because some Russian sky stole an identity, it came about because the debtor CREATED some debt they now want to 'duck' out of to be 1000% real about it.

A person maintaining their finances us NO DIFFERENT than being responsible for balancing one's checkbook...if it becomes PART of one's routine ( again I think it's the Momma or Daddy of the house's responsibility but again JMO) then the process is no different than seeing a check out of place or a charge on one's card that needs to be corrected

Once, something that should be so BASIC in one's day to day financial life gets outsourced IMO it weakens families and sets up a bad cycle for future generations.

But again, this is an issue I'm passionate about, having worked with the 'results' over the last 25 years
The truth to me is, one doesn't have much to DO, if they haven't spent too much time mucking up their finances....

Think about it, these way ....for the most part there are NOT 20 items to 'work' on unless the profile owner mucked up 20 freaking accounts 😱

Otherwise, it's no big deal to clean up one or two total 'not me' issues but if the person has spent much time and effort running up a bunch of bad accounts through their own 'handy-work' IMO they can not be too busy to come get their hands dirty during the clean up or again JMO and the way I was raised, they won't LEARN how to ACT in the future....

That's the learning I was referencing not 'book knowledge' or intelligence per se but more about carrot vs stick

By just allowing somebody else to 'clean up' the mess can make it easier for said person to just run out and run it up again I'm old school more 'understanding' many times comes from when the heartbeat is actually in your own hands and I can't think of one more important for an American to hold for themselves than this one

But, I agree as far as labor gigs...I will probably never change my own oil and I don't know pads, shoes whatever with regard to the brakes on the Lexus that's for the mechanic ...and a paint brush...please😉
However when it comes to finances, 💰 & credit IMO you become your Micheal Jordan= become the shooter not a passer 🙌
Message 18 of 28
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

Many many years ago, I used a credit repair company to improve my scores after filing Chp 7.  I believe I paid about $1000 but in about a year's time, my score went up about 150 points and I was able to buy a house.  

All they did was dispute, but they were really good and all I had to do was send them my updated reports when I received them.  They had everything removed.   It was the best thing in the world for me at the time because they even referred me to a lender and I was able to purchase a house.

Now of course, over a decade later and after many years of reading my Fico, I feel better equipped to handle any credit issues that may arise but I totally don't regret using the CR service at the time because I got the desired resolution with little to no effort on my part.  (and that was the goal at the time).

I do wish that I would have known then about other things like the 3 lines of credit and 1 installment loan for optimal results.  But you live and you learn. 

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

I used LL for several months. I saw a few results but not as much as I was expecting to see.

I was trying to get my Financial World in order for a "Clearance" I was going for. The "investigators" asked to see what LL was doing to help me dispute and help me get the Bad information out of my report. I requested a copy of everything LL put together and sent out for me. When I received the files, I was completely disgusted.

Considering, they call themselves L Law...the letters that were written to challenge information on my Credit Report were horrible. Between the typos, incorrect grammar, the horrible formatting (one letter was center justified) and the different sized fonts and types of fonts in the same letter, it looked like they used elementary school students to write the letters.

I was embarrassed that I had to show the investigators such poor quality documentation. I was more upset with myself that I actually was paying for such poor work.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.