Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Services

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Repair Services

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

I used LL for several months. I saw a few results but not as much as I was expecting to see.

I was trying to get my Financial World in order for a "Clearance" I was going for. The "investigators" asked to see what LL was doing to help me dispute and help me get the Bad information out of my report. I requested a copy of everything LL put together and sent out for me. When I received the files, I was completely disgusted.

Considering, they call themselves L Law...the letters that were written to challenge information on my Credit Report were horrible. Between the typos, incorrect grammar, the horrible formatting (one letter was center justified) and the different sized fonts and types of fonts in the same letter, it looked like they used elementary school students to write the letters.

I was embarrassed that I had to show the investigators such poor quality documentation. I was more upset with myself that I actually was paying for such poor work.

^^^This.  They aren't lawyers. As noted toward the beginning of this thread they  are a "dispute mill".  I understand the idea of using a resourse to fix your credit; however, use one that at least provides a credible service. For $100 per month I expect more. If I want the type of letters described above, I can hire the 5 year old down the block to write illerate disputes for less. JMO

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

I used LL for several months. I saw a few results but not as much as I was expecting to see.

I was trying to get my Financial World in order for a "Clearance" I was going for. The "investigators" asked to see what LL was doing to help me dispute and help me get the Bad information out of my report. I requested a copy of everything LL put together and sent out for me. When I received the files, I was completely disgusted.

Considering, they call themselves L Law...the letters that were written to challenge information on my Credit Report were horrible. Between the typos, incorrect grammar, the horrible formatting (one letter was center justified) and the different sized fonts and types of fonts in the same letter, it looked like they used elementary school students to write the letters.

I was embarrassed that I had to show the investigators such poor quality documentation. I was more upset with myself that I actually was paying for such poor work.

Thanks for the input! Although they may be one of the biggest (if not the biggest), LL's reviews are not so good. There are a couple with overwhelmingly positive reviews, but I haven't seen any mention of them on here. I don't want to taint future posts by naming them, but I'm hoping someone on here has used one or both of the ones I'm talking about and will share their experiences. 

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The VARIETY of thought pattern is what makes, this thing so interesting IMO

1) Ok, on one ✋...person says for all whole $100...
I EXPECT______
On the other hand one has to think...
'Bro it's a hundred bucks.....the plumber charges THAT as a discount..& may be back in the truck in 19 min'

LL is = McDonald's, their fast food, their the marketing King no doubt but are you really SHOCKED if you actually LOOKED at the hamburger patty at McDonald's delivers.... c'mon now 😎

2) This again, is one of the reasons I don't do paid repair anymore.....
If you offer a properly done service, middle class people typically can't comprehend the value, because 'McDonald's' and we'll meaning yet clueless do-gooders have helped snow them into single track thinking...so many vendors wind up rushing to the bottom to provide a cheap, weak carbon copy service ( the one ppl expect) and THAT becomes to standard, in which ppl expect.

Bottom most can't tell the difference between a McDonald's Patty and fillet mignon, so $100 is the same as $500

Not trying to be harsh but if one thinks it out...in order to make 'decent' money at $100/mo cancel ANYTIME

You BETTER believe the quality is gonna be a freaking crapshoot....

Instead of always thinking ...'Wow, I'm getting OVER..
One better consider there is a BUSINESS on the other side of the transaction, so YES @ $99.95/mo

One might expect 1 of 2 strong possibilities

a) McDonald's type Mass VOLUME quality
b) Templates and English as 2nd or 3rd language workers providing the hands-on product

I'll say it again... It's a HUNDRED bucks, bruth

The McDonald's drive thru ain't the 4 🌟 downtown and isn't even the backyard throw down from Kenny's 😱

Unfortunately, there are no absolutes,can be no guarantees.... because when push comes to shove, this thing is very much like going to court as a defendant...
Ish does happen

There are players on the other team, everybody expects to go home on probation and most do, even with 'weak' counsel but not always and it doesn't mean nobody did anything thing wrong

Sometimes the music just stops
It rains in Southern California
(snow in May this year btw😓)

The 'problem' is NOT knowing when the cheap, weak, B.S. service effort will be 'enough' and when it 'would have been' BEST to have paid for the deluxe???

Some of us 'gamble' on economy class and others just can't 'see' that a different classes​ exist....

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Folks think of athletics

Gym class or recess may be all one comprehends
Maybe some extra work with the trainer or some coaches etc

Perhaps even a group training course but go and price a real Personal trainer....not one trying to 'make it' one who is good, one of 'the ones'

He/She will cost and is likely worth MORE than the rack rate next available 🍪 cutter trainer at the 'gym'
Do you 'need' that guy/gal.... that's the rub
For some, that's exactly what the doctor ordered, for others the ditto 🍪 cutter would have done

Sometimes we need the Superstar to get in gear, then for maintenance it's ok to hear down....like I mentioned earlier, no absolutes... that's why I'm a fan of getting one's hands dirty enough to have a much better self-earned understanding to be a much better judge of when and what....

Ppl always point and laugh when ballplayers and others lose their shirts but in fairness....most are right on par with the ballplayer when it comes to leaving 'it' up to others and if 'others' fail most would be just as freaked as the ballplayer...the ONLY difference is

One has a every 14 day influx of rescue cash for the other the music stops....yes a larger check but zero coming in vs something coming every two weeks clouds the issue

My point being, anytime we aren't involved in our own rescue it 'could' be a problem w/o a safety net of any sort, no matter how small.
Message 24 of 28
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Personal experience?  I tried a couple, but got nothing from it.  That's why I came here to begin with.  By doing it myself and working hard at it, it gave me the ability to actually learn from my mistakes.  It does take effort and patience, but the reward can be worth it.  Good luck my friend.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun
Helps illustrate the point.....

Ppl have been 'programmed' that THEIR 💰 only buys desired results,
NOT labor​
NOT effort
Not time invested

The average American worker only sees value in Time and Effort if the PAYCHECK has their name on it....

How many Americans would be ok working on a project at work for X amount of time, then being told since the client got 'nothing' tangible enough out​ of it that of well no pay should be expected.

After all the desired outcome didn't manifest, so what possible work could have been performed worth paying for.....again just like a defendant that had a lawyer and still got convicted...why should he/she the results weren't what the grown-children wanted.

That's how we've come to be programmed and desperate for business marketing has contributed to the mantra....the whole ' don't pay if we don't win' mindset or pay of deletions only pay structures have help dummy down the entire professional services industry.

The slip n fall 'we' all get paid type lawyer is a different animal, they are seeking clients, they seek cases if ppl attached so they can make money, clients are a necessary evil.....
Same with repair mills, their business model can NOT work without volume and speed, quality customer service and education just aren't in the economics at certain prices, not if staying in business is in the cards.

I've seen plenty quality ppl try to operate on McDonald's margins and deliver 4-5 🌟 levels of service and I've seen them not make 💰 and be stressed out operating glorified hobbies AND have so-called clients question them for😒

Not anymore, I coach my clients on what THEY have to DO, for themselves....if they won't open mail, print a letter or lick a stamp, they aren't clients I want to 'team' with to work on THEIR rescue.

Again JMO
More than one route to the end of the rainbow 😊
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

I am currently working with a credit repair company for 6 months, and my credit score went up from 580 to 624.

Now it dropped back because I opened a new card and had to max it out. I got the approved for Firestone credit for $900. I had my BK discharged in February of last year.

Are those good results for 6 months. I am paying 149 a month for two people.

They have disputed a lot of things from the credit but I am just wondering if those are good results.

Also, for credit monitoring I am using identityiq, would you suggest something else? I am trying to go as cheap as possible so I can pay off that $900 for tires.

Thanks in advance.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the issue with your question, as to whether or not the 'results' are good enough over X amount of time....

The 'real' answer is "who knows"...
W/o knowing the size of the mess to clean up was...and how many accounts there are/were to be worked, it's a total atab in the dark begin to answer that question, only a schmuck with either an agenda ( of selling 'their' kit) or a clueless schmuck would venture an actual answer.

I will say, in fairness one of the reasons I insist that my clients are actively involved in their rescue is they must learn to reprogram bad habits and not simply stand around waiting for fairy dust and unicorns

The mere act of grabbing a new credit card and immediately maxing it out = setting 🔥 to the backroom, as firefighters are tasked with putting out flames in the front room.

How can one 'ask' about progress when, their actions are causing more damage, the effect of maxing out, especially, a newly acquired revolving account is hugely counterproductive to the desired goal, on top of now saying the debt will be paid over time, meaning a balance will sit on that card awhile = no good

Again, this is why credit profile education is so important, more important IMO than just 'disputing' some negs because if you don't reprogram how one is the drive, their likely to crash n burn...just like before.

IMO rebuilding is for credit building and education enhancement...and 'not' for making over-time purchases...the discipline of credit management is too difficult to learn on the 'fly' using $900 CC's and gambling with modestly growing profiles

Allow the accounts and profile the grow w/o the weight of real debt, if you want the CL sizes to increase and better rates n terms...ya got it that debt ratio down and not let anymore than one account at a time report a balance, and said balance ideally would be only 3-9 %
Don't 'jump' on new accounts with balances of ANY size ( not at a Freshmen level you're building some) play it cool, don't look thristy or desperate to use
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.