cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair companies

tag
GopherGame
Member

Credit Repair companies

Wondering if anyone has had experience with any good ones. I see this person:

 

imaxcredit.com (seems legit) and then blitzrecovery.net (seems sketchy)

 

Thanks much.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Repair companies

There is no such thing as credit repair companies.  Anything they can do you can do.  there is no silver magic bullet to repair your credit.  Read up here and save your money.

Message 2 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Repair companies

If you want. Start a thread on your rebuild. List out your debts:

Creditor Name/ Credit Line/ Balance / APR /Lates

Any collections or any other baddies and the gang will put a plan in place. We cant talk about credit repair companies by name. Useless and take your money to dispute the CRA's to death and trash your scores even more.


Message 3 of 13
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Repair companies


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

There is no such thing as credit repair companies.  Anything they can do you can do.  there is no silver magic bullet to repair your credit.  Read up here and save your money.


This. 

In fact, so-called "Credit Repair" companies can make things much worse for your situation. As @CreditCuriosity said, read up here. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 6K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Gold Delta Skymiles 6K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I Affinity Pure Rewards Visa 5K
Message 4 of 13
GopherGame
Member

Re: Credit Repair companies

Thank you all. Kind of verifying what I knew in my gut I guess. I have tried already myself however - I have a stubborn one - money lion. I actually had real trouble with the app/connected account and didnt even know it. They dinged me twice and will not even talk about options to remove it. They also keep removing any reviews that I post.

 

Will keep working - thank you all!

Message 5 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Repair companies

Well good luck. If you need us. Dont hesitate to ask anything. We've seen almost everything.


Message 6 of 13
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Repair companies


@FireMedic1 wrote:

Well good luck. If you need us. Dont hesitate to ask anything. We've seen almost everything.


This guy is a wealth of knowledge 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 7 of 13
GopherGame
Member

Re: Credit Repair companies

@FireMedic1 you are amazing. You are all

over these forums helping people- thank you. Actually I do have a question. Trying to get in shape for a refi and had a late payment on upgrade that caused a huge drop in score. Trying to figure out the best way to bring it up- would paying balances off bring the mortgage score up (not just the regular fico score) too? 

It is hard to discern what effects the mortgage score up. I know if I paid the balances it would have a huge effect on fico but trying to figure what hits the mortgage score the hardest .

 

THANK YOU

Message 8 of 13
coldworld
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Repair companies


@GopherGame wrote:

Wondering if anyone has had experience with any good ones. I see this person:

 

imaxcredit.com (seems legit) and then blitzrecovery.net (seems sketchy)

 

Thanks much.


I'm embarassed to admit that I have used a "credit repair" company. With minimal success. I truly started seeing my scores go up after joining this site and browsing the forums. Lots of experience to tap in to here. For free!

3B Scores 02/2024

----

Message 9 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Repair companies


@GopherGame wrote:

@FireMedic1you are amazing. You are all

over these forums helping people- thank you. Actually I do have a question. Trying to get in shape for a refi and had a late payment on upgrade that caused a huge drop in score. Trying to figure out the best way to bring it up- would paying balances off bring the mortgage score up (not just the regular fico score) too? 

It is hard to discern what effects the mortgage score up. I know if I paid the balances it would have a huge effect on fico but trying to figure what hits the mortgage score the hardest .

 

THANK YOU


Keep or get your util %'s down or AZEO. Have only 1 card report. @SouthJamaica is more keen on this than myself before applying.


Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.