Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair companies ?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair companies ?!

Hi guys! 
I have paid almost $20K in debt in 2020 all closed accounts , charge offs, or that they've taken me to court , I have two cards to go, and I'm paying all for less than owed ( I've made that decision long ago, to pay all cards for less than owed, all debt was 3-4 years old ) anyways, once I pay the last 2 I will have zero debt on credit cards. I want to hire one of those companies to send letters to try and removed some of this negative items off the report , I know they do remove mistakes off reports , but will they remove actual debt that's been paid but it's just there showing it was in collections and or charged off .... etc?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Repair companies ?!

No reputable company can remove legitimate debts. Your accounts were past due you settled and paid them off which is great, but expecting them to be removed because you paid them just isn't how it works.A lot of times you pay a company they dispute legitimate entries the creditors update and you do more damage . Save your money start to rebuild read posts in the forum and come  up with a plan.

Normally before payments are made and agreed on you can sometimes get them to pay for delete, but once it's paid you lose any leverage.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys! 
I have paid almost $20K in debt in 2020 all closed accounts , charge offs, or that they've taken me to court , I have two cards to go, and I'm paying all for less than owed ( I've made that decision long ago, to pay all cards for less than owed, all debt was 3-4 years old ) anyways, once I pay the last 2 I will have zero debt on credit cards. I want to hire one of those companies to send letters to try and removed some of this negative items off the report , I know they do remove mistakes off reports , but will they remove actual debt that's been paid but it's just there showing it was in collections and or charged off .... etc?

First off, they will only "help" by blasting the CRAs with disputes, which will likely make matters worse. You could do this yourself for free, anyway.

I would search the threads for "GW saturation technique" and work on that for all these accounts. You may get a "no" 1 or 20 times, but all you have is time between now and when they fall off and you may just get lucky and get a sympathetic individual that will say "yes". It could be possible on the first try, definitepy don't want to sound discouragung, but some FIs definitely take many, many letters to finally get a GW removal of lates/TL.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 19
nmk94
Regular Contributor

Don't do it. I did it once, even though I hadn't heard the most flattering things. I should have heeded the warnings from others. 

1/24 - EX 831 | EQ 830 | TU 824
12/22 - EX 794 | EQ 799 | TU 741
9/20 - EX 726 | EQ 710 | TU 720
8/20 - EX 686 | EQ 678 | TU 675
7/20 - EX 671 | EQ 657 | TU 659
04/20 - EX 649 | EQ 645 | TU 661
11/17 - EX 614 | EQ 626 | TU 612
Goal - EX 750 | EX 750 | TU 750
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened ?

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys! 

First off, they will only "help" by blasting the CRAs with disputes, which will likely make matters worse. You could do this yourself for free, anyway.

I would search the threads for "GW saturation technique" and work on that for all these accounts. You may get a "no" 1 or 20 times, but all you have is time between now and when they fall off and you may just get lucky and get a sympathetic individual that will say "yes". It could be possible on the first try, definitepy don't want to sound discouragung, but some FIs definitely take many, many letters to finally get a GW removal of lates/TL.

Good luck!

LaHossBoss is correct. Do it yourself. You'll save money and get a feeling of accomplishment!

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the replies have been doubtful or confusing , he first says they will blast the CRedit burials with letters and this will make matters worst , and that I should do it myself , why would I do it anyway if it will worsen my situation ? 

Message 7 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They're only going to flood the bureaus with disputes hoping these companies slip up and forget to answer. A couple of problems arise from this.

1. At some point the bureaus are going to flag it as frivolous and will stop filing them. They've also been know to flag a person for excessive disputes making it difficult for someone to file a legitimate one later.

2. Every time one of those negatives is confirmed by a company, it's reported as if it was still open, doing the damage it would have done, if it was still open and reporting.

Just stick to goodwill letters.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, the replies have been doubtful or confusing , he first says they will blast the CRedit burials with letters and this will make matters worst , and that I should do it myself , why would I do it anyway if it will worsen my situation ? 

My point is, if you want to do what the CRAs do, you can do it yourself for free, without paying anyone (meaning blast the 3Bs with disputes, which is all they do). But you are right, why would anyone want to do that? It likely ruins your credit further, meaning you are throwing your money in the wind with a CRA or just doing it yourself for free.

This *used* to work a bit more many, many, many years ago when the FIs/CAs didnt respond in a timely manner and things were done via snail mail.

Now all FIs/CAs are on computers and internet and have learned the dispute and respond in 30d game. Of course, they aren't going to slip up anymore.

I was simply explaining what they do and that you can do the same thing for free, even though it is a mess amd makes matters worse amd to save your money if that is the route you do choose to go.

If you go on a GW campaign, which is what you described in what you thought they did (and they used to send disputes via mail many, many, many years ago) because all you have is time between now and when they drop off your CRs, you may get lucky and get them off a bit or a lot early and directly through the FI and it is free to do so as well, yourself. I am just trying to save your hard earned money. The FIs would probably prefer to hear from you over a CRA, anyday, anyway.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I want to do the GW because I don't want to dispute because all my debt is legit I don't see anything innacurate so I myself find hard to believes anything will come off based on disputes , but the gw you're pretty much saying " I messed up , give me a chance " lol at that , I think I stand a chance . But I have no idea how to start , where to get addresses or templates to at least have an ideia of what to write and who to write it to, should I write to the cra's or to the actual credit card companies ?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.