Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair company results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair company results

I thought I would pass this along to everyone.

About five weeks ago I started to get interested in what my score was and how to improve it, as I am considering buying a  house soon. Anyway, against the advice of some, I decided to hire one of those "credit repair companies" and after doing some research on them I picked ********** (name witheld). It was a significant investment of money but I did it anyway. It's been five weeks since they filed their dispute letters and yesterday I got an investigation letter back from TU with their results. 

The short of it is that of the ten adverse accounts TU had listed on my report (bankruptcies, lates from years ago, etc.) only four remain. The rest were deleted or say "new information below". Now, I am not sure yet as to what effect this will have on my TU score, going from ten adverse accounts to four, but I can only imagine that it will be a positive one.

I am still waiting for the letters from EX and EQ. On Ex  I have eleven adverse accounts and on EQ I have nine.

Let me be clear; I am not advocating that anyone do what I did nor am I going to name a certain company to go with, but what I am doing is passing along the experience I have had so far in this area with this particular company. I will update the results as I get the letters from EX and EQ as well as any score changes that result.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair company results

I did the same thing in Sept. 2008 - and was very please with the results.  Since the investment was sooo large, we tackled my credit first and we were using the the "wait and see" approach before turning them loose on DH's credit.

I got antsy and couldn't wait, so i decided to start DH's repair on my own - and basically I've produced the same results for a fraction of what they charged...

Oh well, lesson learned, and the fact remains that my credit is better for the money that I spent, so it wasn't a total loss!

800FICOwannabe

06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 2 of 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Repair company results

And that's basically what most people find out.  You can easily get the same results at $0.44-5.00 a pop opposed to hundreds and hundreds of dollars.  That being said, congrats on your improvements. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.