Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair

So, I have several delinquent charged-off credit card accounts showing on all of my credit scores. This was largely due to an unexpected personal circumstance a few years ago. However, I have managed over this past year to pay-off all of my now closed charged-off accounts and now I am capable of keeping all of my bills up to date. I understand that just paying them off will not result in the delinquencies being taken off my credit reports. I would like to seek some help to see if anyone might be able to recommend a way to remove those delinquent accounts from my credit reports. My credit score is currently only in the 610s. Everything is paid and up to date, so I don't know how to proceed. I am looking to get a house next year and I really need some help on how to proceed to raise my credit and remove those charge-off accounts.

I should mention that I have been a customer of a credit repair company for a few months now. They haven't really helped yet, but I am still keeping my account with them for now just to see if they have any luck in removing those closed charge-offs.

Delinquent accounts:
Capital One Credit Card -Pay Status: Account paid in full; was a charge-off

JP Morgan Chase Credit Card -Pay Status: Account paid in full; was a charge-off
3 REPLIES 3
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Repair

That credit repair company is just a waste of money because there's nothing they can do that you can't.  Generally they just dispute items on your credit report, hoping they fall off.   JPMCB & CapOne are going to validate the debt and the recent update might actually hurt your scores.

Go to the Rebuilding forum and search for a thread about the Saturation Technique for goodwill letters.   CapOne is a tough nut, but we've seen some positive posts about them goodwilling, I think Chase will be pretty difficult, though.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

That credit repair company is just a waste of money because there's nothing they can do that you can't.  Generally they just dispute items on your credit report, hoping they fall off.   JPMCB & CapOne are going to validate the debt and the recent update might actually hurt your scores.

Go to the Rebuilding forum and search for a thread about the Saturation Technique for goodwill letters.   CapOne is a tough nut, but we've seen some positive posts about them goodwilling, I think Chase will be pretty difficult, though.

+1

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes I would kick the credit repair company to the curb. They're a waste of money. They purposely drag their feet to get stuff done so you'll keep paying them the monthly fee.

There's not really much that can be done about the COs. You already paid them, which is good, and all that will be really required from a mortgage underwriter. Disputing won't help. If anything, that'll hurt your scores more when it comes back as verified. The only option as mentioned above is the GW Saturation and hope Cap One and/or Chase will update the account and remove the lates or delete the TL altogether. Good luck either way.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.