Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair

Has anyone else had positive outcome with hiring a credit repair company? I hired one for 3 months this spring and within 45 days they effectively were able to get a 2 year old bk removed from TU and EQ but not the 3rd. At around the same time I noticed that my paid IRS lien was removed from all 3 agencies but I think that had more to do with that new law that went into effect after the first of the year.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Repair

I guess to each his own with regards to paying a credit repair company, but I think for the most part you can dispute all the items yourself and get just as good results. There are tons of resources online that help with disputing, how to word it , what to dispute etc.

But I know some people may not have to time and would prefer to have someone else do it, which is perfectly fine of cours. I just think you can do it yourself as well.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thank you for telling me your opinion.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I forgot to also thank you for passing it on that paying for credit repair is also fine as far as you are concerned. That's reassuring to know and will keep it in mind.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody knows your situation better than you, thus every dispute that you submit and every GW letter that you write is going to be written by you, checked by you and full of real life details. A credit repair company is going to use blanket letters that look like they were written by kindergartners. Save your money, apply it to your debts and when you get something removed by yourself, the feeling is so much better.
Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Posts have been removed from this thread for violating our TOS, the offenders have been notified via PM. Im going to remind everyone that all posts must be made in an FSR manner and within our TOS guidelines, there are no exceptions. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful-2-6-14/td...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind sharing who you used?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.